What do the pros invest in for the long term? - Posted by Kenny Mann

Posted by Jim FL on August 11, 2003 at 20:59:33:

Mr. Teabag?
First, who ever you are, and if this is your real name, I apologize, but doubt it.
Who ever said MLM was where I am working in other areas?
And where did this come from?
Interesting how those who post idiotic comments, never use a real name?

Go figure…not even sure why I responded, other than to let other readers know that you don’t know a thing.

Have a great day!

What do the pros invest in for the long term? - Posted by Kenny Mann

Posted by Kenny Mann on August 10, 2003 at 22:39:32:

I’d be curious to hear from any successful investors about what they invest in for the “long term”. I do flips on a full time basis and am trying to decide what to invest my extra profits and my IRA money in. Notes, buy a small apt. building, tax lien certs, etc. etc. I pay myself a W2 salary via my corporation to cover my living expenses, but have dividends at the end of the year, plus a small 6 figure amount in an IRA that I need to invest ASAP for the long term. What do the “pros” do??

Re: What do the pros invest in for the long term? - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on August 11, 2003 at 18:45:01:

I’m hardly a “pro” either. I don’t have a million dollar net worth, but I have been full-time at this for a little while and my income is pretty decent.

I loan my excess income to my business at a fair interest rate right now. I will eventually start making hard-money loans to other investors, but that’s not really a long-term investment. I’ll also buy real estate notes thru a self-directed IRA.

Not that I’m a “pro”, but… - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on August 11, 2003 at 15:50:07:

Kenny,
I think this really depends on what you want to accomplish.
Most of the money I “park”, gets parked in real estate, one way or the other.
I am starting to buy some smaller cash deals, and then sell them, carrying partial paper back.
This gets the original cash back fast, and then some, plus a nice little cash flow from the note created.
Granted, only a second, but in a pinch, they can be sold for 50% of face value quick if need be.

I also have been investing in other small businesses, to create mutiple streams of income.
This way, if something were to happen to one industry, I at least have some income from somewhere, without lifting a finger.
That is the plan anyway.

Just trying to remain jobless forever,
Jim FL

Re: Not that I’m a “pro”, but… - Posted by Alvin Teabag Hartman

Posted by Alvin Teabag Hartman on August 11, 2003 at 19:58:42:

Multi level marketing doesn’t count as investing.