What do you reccomend??? - Posted by Cory

Posted by Stewart on September 08, 2003 at 11:26:46:

Any cell phone service in your area?

What do you reccomend??? - Posted by Cory

Posted by Cory on September 08, 2003 at 11:08:41:

I live about an hour and a half from a city I am going to try and buy and sell homes… my home town only has 4000 people in it hard to do this…my question is what should I do about a phone # in the newspaper ad for people to call should I do a 800 # or try to set something up in the city with a n answer machine any Ideas would be great…

THANKS CJ

Re: What do you reccomend??? - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on September 10, 2003 at 11:10:52:

Contact your local phone co.

Many offer “ghost numbers” or something like that, where you can get a phone number with an exchange in the target area- goes directly to your home/office in another area.

Costs a few bucks extra, though.

Cell phone might be a better idea. One caution, though: you’ve got to have it on at all times. I’ve recently received 3 calls from bandit signs. My phone was off- so no caller ID- and they’re message was indecipherable because either their phone or my service garbled it.

Not good… money down the drain.

Re: What do you reccomend??? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 08, 2003 at 13:32:20:

Cory--------------

I recommend getting a toll-free number. I have an 877 number myself.

The cost is not bad. I have mine through A T & T and it costs about $15 a month plus the cost of the calls. It has one very nice advantage, it captures the telephone number of every call to you. They appear on your monthly bill. I think you can get them sooner than that, if you need to do so.

If the advertising is not not too expensive, you can put “Free: 877-sell quk” or whatever your number is.

The toll-free number will ring into whatever existing phone line you specify.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Re: What do you reccomend??? - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 08, 2003 at 11:27:25:

You don?t mention what city your talking about, if you have a cell phone you might consider changing your existing number to that city assuming your carrier serves that area as well or even activate a new line in that area. I would think that would be allot cheaper than an 800#.