What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Rick

Posted by Linda Simms on October 10, 2003 at 07:12:20:

One other thing. Did you design this site yourself or did you have a firm do it and if so who and what did it cost?

What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on October 10, 2003 at 02:01:25:

We have a website at www.homesintheqc.com

Any suggestions, comments or criticisms are welcome.

Thanks.

Rick

Re: What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Christopher Vaughan

Posted by Christopher Vaughan on October 11, 2003 at 24:00:37:

Rick,

I love the site. You chose your colors very well. The page is a little long, but that’s good if you’re doing search engine submissions.

Also, visible hit-counters are kinda unproffesional unless you actually have had 2 to 3 thousand visitors(this isn’t a problem for you, just a little knowledge.)

I have done a lot of research on web design and some freelance work(nothing spectacular). I’m currently working on a couple of sites(hobbies). My main site is http://www.vaughaninvestments.com Let me know what you think.

Happy Investing,
Christopher L. Vaughan

Re: What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on October 10, 2003 at 12:07:28:

Looks nicer than mine… just tossed it together the other day… probably will “borrow” a few ideas :slight_smile:

Re: What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on October 10, 2003 at 10:22:09:

Looks really nice. I think you should have your Availables above the Solds. Maybe stick a Pending or Sold in between Availables.

Re: What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on October 10, 2003 at 09:36:00:

Rick,

Looks great! It looks like you work in the Mid-West … do you do anything in WI? Also, who did the site for you? We are at the stage of putting together our website and any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Dan

Re: What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Linda Simms

Posted by Linda Simms on October 10, 2003 at 06:53:49:

Site makes a nice appearance and gives all the pertinent info succiently. You may want to check out Rent to Own vs Lease and Option to Purchase. They can be two different things. I don’t know about Iowa, but it has been held elsewhere in court cases that an advertised Rent to Own gives the tenent some rights in the property even if they do not buy it and thus may receive some compensation. Your site indicates you have a Lease Purchase agreement. To preclude this you might want to only advertise as Lease and Option to purchase, with two different contracts, one for the lease, in which you do not refer to an option to purchase and one for the actual option in which you put all the purchase info. Thats what we do.

Re: What do you think of our Rent-to-Own website - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on October 10, 2003 at 03:01:01:

Love you’re site! I’m thinking of developing a very similiar site myself. Nice to see others outside the box. GOOD LUCK!

website on wsRadio for RE Investors - Posted by Brian_TX

Posted by Brian_TX on October 11, 2003 at 15:19:12:

Dan,

We were listening to one of the recorded shows in archive from the radio program and one of the guests told JP they had used a company that custom designed websites for RE Investors. We utilized that same company and took them up on the 10 day free trial and then we have paid 24.95 monthly. You can visit our site at www.MetroIBuyHouses.com and on the left, the menu item that says Get Your Site is the link to the website provider. I hope this helps.

Wealth and Prosperity

Brian