What do you think of this? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Todd (MO) on December 28, 2000 at 15:59:39:

Aaron! I think you give the traditional real estate industry too much credit. If you “really” want to learn the ropes, then go to the people who are doing what it is that you want to do. Typical real estate agents do not know about investing and creative strategies. If they did they would be doing them and making more money. There are some agents that are also investors, but the industry as a whole does not know CRE. If you are wanting to know more about real estate transactions and how they’re done, then save the money you would spend on classes and licensing and get something like Bronchick’s “Nuts and Bolts of R.E. transactions.” (I think that’s the name of it.)

Something that I think is outstanding too, that many people on here frown on, is getting a mentor (even if you have to pay someone). Yes!, you “can” learn all this on your own and through diligent research. But it is slow and books don’t answer questions. There is nothing like having someone who has been there and done it teaching you how to get there too. That’s what colleges do, and no one complains about paying to learn that.

Also, make a decision. Do you want to be an agent, or an investor? Then get serious about which ever one you want to do. Apparently just simply dabbling in real estate investing isn’t working for you. Neither will being a “part-time” agent. Change your approach. Even if you are doing real estate investing in your spare time. Approach that time diligently. Don’t just merely dabble.

Don’t lose focus of what you want to do. Then figure out what you have to do to get there.

Continued Success,

Todd

What do you think of this? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on December 28, 2000 at 14:15:41:

Hey Everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice here. I’ve been “dabbling” in Real estate investing now for about 6 months, still haven’t done a deal. I’m wondering if it would be advisable to get a real estate agent’s license to “learn the ropes” and be an agent part time, maybe even full time, but the whole time, trying to help people use creative strategies, learn more about creative strategies, etc. What do you think?

Thanks for your input.

Aaron