What form of marketing works best for you? - Posted by James Lee

Posted by Ron M on December 14, 2003 at 20:02:45:

Jim,

I found your post http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2002/arc_74/74535.html while searching the archives. I have obatined access to expired listings and am looking for an example letter that I can adapt for my area in Washington State. Can you send me a copy of the letter you use? Thanks,

Ron M

What form of marketing works best for you? - Posted by James Lee

Posted by James Lee on January 25, 2002 at 05:28:01:

I’m just wondering if anyone would like to share what form of lead-generation works the best for them. I’m pretty new to the business and working for a start-up company. I’d really like to explore news ways to drum up business for my company without spending much money.

Please feel free to mix in a funny anecdote while you’re at it.

Re: What form of marketing works best for you? - Posted by James Lee

Posted by James Lee on January 25, 2002 at 17:50:04:

Hey…thanks for the information Jim! It is much appreciated.

Bandit Signs, followed by . . . - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on January 25, 2002 at 06:46:36:

James,

Bandit signs are my most productive form of marketing, followed by direct mail targeted to expired listings.

For some more prospecting ideas, check out “33 Ways to Find Motivated Sellers” at http://www.creonline.com/mm-52.html. Some of them are very low cost as far as dollars are concerned. However, there’s usually a tradeoff. In most cases, if a particular prospecting method requires little or no cash, it’s generally very time consuming and labor intensive.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, it’s too early in the morning to think of a humorous anecdote.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

I second Jim’s answer! (nt) - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on January 25, 2002 at 20:32:51:

Re: Bandit Signs, followed by . . . - Posted by Andrew

Posted by Andrew on January 25, 2002 at 14:53:55:

Jim,

What sort of direct mail (e.g. postcard, short letter, long letter) do you use with expireds? I’ve tried a few different things, but with very little result. Do you use an “ALL CASH” or just a generic “Call me if I can help” pitch?

Thanks Jim, I value your input and enjoy all of your helpful posts.

-Andrew

Expired Listings - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on January 25, 2002 at 16:52:32:

Andrew,

Q: “What sort of direct mail (e.g. postcard, short letter, long letter) do you use with expireds?”

A Medium letter (1½ pages)

Q: “Do you use an ‘ALL CASH’ or just a generic ‘Call me if I can help’ pitch?”

A: Neither; I use a targeted message that specifically mentions the fact that they had the house listed with an agent and that the listing has expired. The letter goes on to address the most common problem that the sellers are trying to solve, which is debt relief. And then it offers the solution that I can provide.

“Thanks Jim, I value your input and enjoy all of your helpful posts.”

You’re very welcome. I enjoy being able to respond to questions when I feel that I have something useful to contribute.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX