What if a skip trace doesn't work? - Posted by Eric

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 20, 2003 at 17:40:07:

RM------------

That is all that I do, just put in two words or even one word that defines the issue at hand. I usually get hundreds of posts.

You are doing it in the appropriate forum or board, aren’t you? You can also go back more years if you don’t get much from the most recent year. I rarely have to do that.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

What if a skip trace doesn’t work? - Posted by Eric

Posted by Eric on August 20, 2003 at 11:56:43:

If I order a skip trace and it doesn’t turn up seller information, what would my other choices be to locate seller information.

Thanks

Eric

Re: What if a skip trace doesn’t work? - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on August 20, 2003 at 14:22:20:

There are all kinds of services on the web that can find people. What you need are what us technical-types call “key fields”. The grandaddy of all key fields for skip tracing is the SSN. That might be easier to find than you think - it’s right on a lot of mortgage papers, which are publicly recorded. If you have the property address, well then there you go. The next best thing is the DOB. And of course, full name. Really, if you have those three things, it would be almost impossible NOT to find someone, unless they were hiding from the law on purpose. Of course, it’s all a matter of how much time & effort you are willing to put into it vs. the potential payoff.

Re: What if a skip trace doesn’t work? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on August 20, 2003 at 14:16:27:

Eric,

Have you tried www.deadleads.com yet? I used them on a property I was trying to locate the owner of last month and was quite impressed with what they found. I read somewhere on the site that guarantee their services to. You cannot go wrong with that.

Jeff

Re: What if a skip trace doesn’t work? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in NoCA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in NoCA) on August 20, 2003 at 12:41:15:

Eric--------

Have you read the article on locating owners on the how to forum? How about doing archive searches? Have you done that? There have been many discussions of this topic over the months and years.

Good InvestingRon Starr********

How to search the archives - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on August 20, 2003 at 17:09:06:

Since you’re always recommending this, I thought I’d ask, since my search results do not yield very well.

Is there something you can do, in addition to just typing the key words into the search field on the home page?

Thanks.