What is the best "generic" Contract to Purchace Form? - Posted by Erich

Posted by rayrick on March 09, 1999 at 21:30:01:

Erich, why not take that form and retype it into a word processing program, adding (subtracting) any clauses you want (don’t want) like specific performance, or your contingency clause (if you want one) or right to assignment and release from liability if assigned. Then you will have your own personalized contract that looks quite a lot like the standard form but does what you want it to do. It’s a pain in the butt (I just finished this process myself) but you do it once and then never have to worry about it again. Also, it’s then easy to make modifications later, as you see fit. You might want to get some qualified advice on how to word any changes you make to the standard form, however.

-Ray

What is the best “generic” Contract to Purchace Form? - Posted by Erich

Posted by Erich on March 09, 1999 at 20:57:47:

I am just learning to flip properties. My attorney suggested using the California Association of Realitors Contract to Purchase form because it is “standard” and will be more easily exceptable to a potential seller. Also, it is a well written form. However, when I called the Association to buy the form, I found that they wanted $50.00 for ten forms, OUCH!.

Can anyone sugest a form that is well excepted for flipping in California?

Thanks,

Erich
ezipse@netpipe.com

Re: What is the best “generic” Contract to Purchace Form? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 10, 1999 at 07:32:15:

Spend the $50. Then, as long as the form is not copywrighted you can make all the copies you want. Remember every business has start up costs. You have to invest in yourself.

Re: What is the best “generic” Contract to Purchace Form? - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jason-DTX on March 09, 1999 at 22:03:13:

Why dont you go tell a realtor that you would like to study the form and then go to Kinkos and make copies for 5 or 10 cents each. I don’t know about California but I can download the Texas forms from the internet and print as many as I need, maybe you can do the same.
Jason