What is the best way to get contracts and forms? - Posted by Sion

Posted by John Worth on October 24, 2003 at 23:02:28:

You can purchase CD’s for your PC with hundreds of legal forms (documents). I would get one that has the docs in Microsoft Word format so you can easily change to fit the situation. I did this and it hacs been really helpful.

What is the best way to get contracts and forms? - Posted by Sion

Posted by Sion on October 24, 2003 at 11:37:09:

Hello everyone! I am very excited about getting into Creative Real Estate, having lurked through this site for the past few days.

One concept that seems to be holding me up is legal forms and contracts that need to be used in a deal. I have several questions. The answer to these questions may be somewhere in the articles, but I am only part-way through reading them all – so if someone knows where to find this information, I’d really appreciate it if you could point me there!

1. What are the essential forms and contracts needed for to complete a flip? How about a lease option?

2. What’s the best way to get these forms and contracts? Should I draft them myself? Have an attorney write them? Buy them online?

3. This question doesn’t relate to contracts and forms. What are your thoughts about making money by lease-optioning new townhomes? Is there profit to be made there? It seems that there’s great profit to be made through fixer-uppers (either flipping or rehabbing them), but right now there are several new townhomes in a hot market and I’m not sure if it’s a wise investment.

Re: What is the best way to get contracts - Posted by Dennis (SoCal)

Posted by Dennis (SoCal) on October 24, 2003 at 16:20:34:

I believe you can get the forms you need at most stationary stores.