what is the least liquid real estate investment - Posted by m

Posted by Suz ¶ on February 24, 2009 at 08:25:51:

My opinion also would be that a condo is less liquid than single family. They can often times present a good value, but there are many rules, additional fees and prospective buyers have to worry about capital funds and special assessments.

what is the least liquid real estate investment - Posted by m

Posted by m on February 23, 2009 at 10:01:35:

What is an order of liquidity for real estate investments. Is raw land less liquid than multi-family?

Are vacation condos less liquid than single family residents?

Re: what is the least liquid - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on February 25, 2009 at 16:48:46:

Raw land in my area sometimes takes 5-15 years to sell unless you are willing to sell it at a bargain price ($15000/acre).

Multi-family & commercial is somewhat slow in my area. We had alot of california investors that came in and bought alot of apartment complexes in low income areas and fixed them up and now they are trying to sell them for $20,000/unit and none wants them. The complexes have been on the market for about 3 or more years.

Single family houses in white collar areas seem to sell the fastest in my area.

Single family houses in low income areas take awhile to sell and normally sell to investors.

Re: what is the least liquid real estate - Posted by Greg¶

Posted by Greg¶ on February 23, 2009 at 15:19:24:

Raw land is probably less liquid than multi-family, with the exception of an approved building lot in an area that already has houses.

The least liquid of all is a timeshare, which in some cases you can’t give away.