What is the next step? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 20, 1998 at 15:35:28:

Shame, shame, you didn’t read Ron LeGrand’s new How-to Article. That’s detention for you, Just Joking. :slight_smile: I think they is alot of validity in it.

I started out in MH’s because they were cheap to get a start in. I did that and I still have offers standing and people are calling me wanting me to buy their MH. I think I could benefit from other REI techniques.

What is the next step? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 20, 1998 at 13:52:32:

Well I am ready to try a new avenue of REI. In the past two months I have bought and “Lonnied” (5) wobbly boxes, and I feel I need to try something new. MH’s proved to me that, yes it was possible to put a monthly income in my pocket (actually $405/month for reinvesting) without spending any of my own money.

What should I do now? I know that there is no “right” answer, but I want my peers opinons.

I have thought about Joe K.'s “Ultimate Lease Option Strategy” because it is similar towhat I am doing with MH’s, or his Foreclosure course, but I think foreclosures may take to much time at the courthouse. I have a full time job for now, and need that money. I also thought about John Behle’s or Terry V.'s "Paper courses. I have got the impression, why should I do houses for paper, when I can skip the buying/selling of the house part and just take the paper. After Ron LeGrands lastest How-to, he got me motivated to purchase one of his courses on flipping.

I am ready to pay up to $200 right now on a course.

What do you think?

Re: What is the next step? - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on November 20, 1998 at 19:20:58:

why not spend $100 of that $200 on advertising. telling the whole world that you are in the market. then when a deal pops up, you can play accordingly.

Same thing different collateral - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on November 20, 1998 at 17:38:53:

The first thought was why change? Unless you don’t like what you are doing, it is working for you stick with it.

Then, if you want to expand, paper is the same thing. “Lonnie Deals” are the same techniques that have been used for many decades in the “paper” business.

You can buy and finance existing paper or create it in a similar manner to what you are doing with the “Wobblies”.

Houses are just bigger mobile homes that have never had wheels. You can build some good long term cash flows through paper investment.

Re: What is the next step? - Posted by ss (mi)

Posted by ss (mi) on November 20, 1998 at 14:49:01:

If things are going well with mobile homes, why do you want to try something else?