?? What is your opinion of Zillow.com for comps ?? - Posted by Ronnie

Posted by keithhutson on June 19, 2007 at 08:49:26:

in my area, jacksonville, florida eppraisal.com is much closer to being true to our numbers here. The nice thing about eppraisal is they have actual sales to look at.

We have enjoyed using eppraisal. Also, I find that domania.com is good. Mostly to show actual sales.

One last one we use here is Bank of America’s site. It shows comps, no opinion of value. Their web address is http://www.bankofamerica.com/modular/index.cfm?template=hc_home_worth_modular&app=oma&sitename=modular

Keith

?? What is your opinion of Zillow.com for comps ?? - Posted by Ronnie

Posted by Ronnie on June 18, 2007 at 20:23:17:

Are there any reliable sites for comps that are free? What do you think of using Zillow for this? Good idea or bad?

Re: What is your opinion of Zillow.com for comps - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on June 19, 2007 at 08:57:44:

I’m in az, and cyberhomes.com is more accurate than zillow when I compared them to the pay site I use.

What is your opinion of Zillow.com for comps - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 18, 2007 at 22:24:26:

Zillow ranges between off and way off. The problem with the free sites is that they cannot pay people to gather the data, so they have to make due with what they can buy for less than their ad revenues bring in. When you look at data from a source such as RealData or the MLS, you have a lot more data points on which to base price estimates. But in order to maintain these somebody has to pay the professionals that collect, review and refine the data.