What Size Area Do You Cover? - Posted by Curt Walters

Posted by Rob FL on November 30, 1998 at 21:07:51:

For roadside signs I usually get about 2.5’ by 1.5’ or so. Usually on thin metal stakes if in the ground, or else just nail them to a tree or pole. Large letters and large phone numbers as possible. Try to put the signs on private property if possible (especially if it is vacant land, then nobody messes with them).

What Size Area Do You Cover? - Posted by Curt Walters

Posted by Curt Walters on November 29, 1998 at 15:19:57:

Just wondering what parameters the pro’s cover to do their deals. Population-wise and area-wise. I’m in an area with only around 300,000 folks but could expand by another 40 miles and increase that size to over a million.

Any thoughts gladly welcome, but please refrain from the “there are deals next door to you if you look” response. I know there are, but I’d like to increase my chances.
Thanks.

Curt

Re: What Size Area Do You Cover? - Posted by Scott Britton

Posted by Scott Britton on November 29, 1998 at 22:15:12:

Curt,

I have invested in property all over the country… as well as… all over my state. What I have settled into over the years… is to invest primarily within a 15-20 minute drive from my home. I find these properties to be more profitable for me… because I can learn the market better… and concentrate my efforts.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t and don’t occasionally invest in other properies… but I have found it more profitable to stay closer to home… day in and day out!

Hope this helps!

Scott Britton

Re: What Size Area Do You Cover? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 29, 1998 at 18:35:58:

I am not a pro but here is what I do.

I cover an area of about 5 post office zip codes. It is about 5 miles wide and 8 miles long. (of course I will go outside there if the deal is right) I try to focus on one side of town that way all the properties are kind of grouped together. The area is probably 75% lower middle class neighborhoods, thousands of homes, relatively low crime area, schools average to above average. There are 7 highways that are at least 4 lanes wide running through my area, so there is plenty of easy advertising with road signs. (I just sold a new l/o today in my area, I got my price, got a $2000 cashier check for option consideration and $150 cash flow, and did it all in 13 days on the market with 4 roadside signs and no newspaper advertising)

BTW I am in Orlando, 3 county population of 1 million +

Hope that helps.

Re: What Size Area Do You Cover? - Posted by Walt (FL)

Posted by Walt (FL) on November 29, 1998 at 23:07:11:

Rob,

What size signs? What size Lettering and numbers? Make them yourself? Are wood poles the best placement? Any Flak about signs? Planning my guerilla marketing… Thanks, and Congrats!

Walt