What to do......? - Posted by Leah(ME)

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on April 12, 2000 at 09:09:18:

What else do the window signs say? Is it a HUD or VA completed foreclosure? If so, you won’t get anywhere until it’s listed with a broker.

You could go down to your local courthouse and check the title, or call up the tax office and see whether it’s been sold in foreclosure, and who the tax bills are going to. That should give you some idea where things stand.

Brian (NY)

What to do…? - Posted by Leah(ME)

Posted by Leah(ME) on April 12, 2000 at 08:29:30:

Hi everyone
My name is Leah and I’m from Maine.First I just wanted to say this site is GREAT!!! Excellent,excellent questions and answers.
My question is I found 3 fam abandoned. Papers on windows say don’t call to buy this prop. While walking around yard I found fsbo sign on the ground. Took # off it. Neighborhood kids say man lives there w/his dog even though the paper on windows says no admittance. It gives #'s of maintenance co if anyone sees break&entering being done there. My ques is should I try to call fsbo # or do you think owner is totally out of loop. And if I do call them what should I say and ask about abandoned 3 fam? Or sshould I skip right over them? Any advice would be great. Thank you very much.