What to look for at courthouse? - Posted by TEW, NJ

Posted by TEW, NJ on June 17, 2000 at 22:10:58:

nt

What to look for at courthouse? - Posted by TEW, NJ

Posted by TEW, NJ on June 16, 2000 at 22:17:47:

When spending time at a county courthouse, in NJ, what documents should I be looking for? I’ve learned how to find deeds, mortgages, Lis Pendens, Contractor’s Liens. Is there a checklist that those people doing title searchs use to ensure they’ve check all the document they are supposed to look for?

Re: What to look for at courthouse? - Posted by JLaVerdi

Posted by .com"]JLaVerdi on June 17, 2000 at 10:52:12:

Tew.

If I were you, I would be checking all of the items you mentioned as well as back taxes owed if any!. I would call the county courthouse and ask them if they a web site. Some counties have internet access and you can find out everything you need to know on a property from your desk! No more trips to the courthouse, no more wasted gas, etc. etc. etc.

You can basically do a pretty thourough title search yourself if they have their site available on the net. My county has it and let me tell you, it’s so fast and easy to use. Just type in the name of the owner and every recorded document is there in seconds! They also have the assessors page to check on the tax information too. Hope you have it there!

Best of luck to you Tew!

Jim LaVerdi

Re: What to look for at courthouse? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on June 17, 2000 at 04:09:14:

Tew-

How about adding property taxes to the list and if they are paid or not up to date? See how much of this info is accessible online to save some trips.

-Good searching,Chris

Re: What to look for at courthouse? - Posted by TEW, NJ

Posted by TEW, NJ on June 17, 2000 at 17:44:03:

Jim,

You never mentioned… are you in NJ?
My county just got their first DOS operated computer in the records office to search for information, but you still need to pull records. Suffice it to say that an internet presence is not a reality at this point, although, I ran into a kid at the court house who I think was trying to get them set up.

If you are in NJ, what is the web site that you use? I’ve found www.taxrecords.com, but their information is at least 6 months old when they get it.

Online judgment searches in NJ… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on June 17, 2000 at 21:39:11:

Tim, check out superiorinfo.com, you can get online upper court searches, bk searches, federal liens, judgments etc. You may have to subscribe or have them do it on a per case basis, also check out currentstatus.com.

Re: What to look for at courthouse? - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on June 17, 2000 at 19:16:28:

Tew.

I am on the other side of the US. I am in Arizona.

Best of luck to you.

Jim