What to say to Pre-foreclosure owners? - Posted by Eileen

Posted by Lydia Hubbell on March 30, 2006 at 13:07:53:

conti and finkle have good “word for word” scripts to follow–their books are inexpensive and they have one specifically on foreclosures.

What to say to Pre-foreclosure owners? - Posted by Eileen

Posted by Eileen on March 30, 2006 at 07:33:55:

I have found many ways to locate pre-foreclosure properties and have also been told to send these people letters/follow up letters until you get a response. I have tried this for a couple of months with nothing. I would like to try contacting these people over the phone but have no idea where to begin?! How do I start the conversation? “I know you’re going to lose your house so here I am…” - I’m being sarcastic because, to me, that would be very callous. I’ve also read that calling these people is NOT the way to go. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to start this conversation? I’ve tried looking through books for this information but the authors never seem to touch on this information (or I have the wrong books!).

Thank you very much in advance!!
Eileen

Re: What to say to Pre-foreclosure owners? - Posted by Tom NH

Posted by Tom NH on April 03, 2006 at 05:01:25:

Check out the “How to Articles”. I just read one from Finkel:

http://www.creonline.com/articles/art-229.html

Where/how are you finding the pre-foreclosures?? I don’t think my state publishes “Notice of Default”, so I’m not sure where to begin. All I have are the public notices for the real estate auctions. Please fill me in if you know of any way I can find pre-foreclosures in NH. Thanks ahead of time!

• Tom