What type of lawyer to hire? - Posted by stfein

Posted by DaveD (WI) on April 10, 2006 at 20:00:38:

… but you are still a pretty good guy. Misguided legal wunderkind, perhaps, but a good guy nevertheless. I don’t care what anyone says about you :wink: Even Ed. Take care.

What type of lawyer to hire? - Posted by stfein

Posted by stfein on April 09, 2006 at 13:10:07:

Can someone tell me what type of lawyer is appropriate to hire. I am in a partnership with about 40 other investors in an office building in NYC. We are not limited partners but tenants-in-common(TIC). The partners are in need of hiring a lawyer to fight the property manager(the general partner). The TIC partners have been in this professional relationship with the general manager for a long time and have always had a hard time with him. The TIC partners possibly want to fire him.

The property manager has been using our distributions to hire consultants and such and he will not give us any explanation. The property manager says that he will hire his own lawyer paid for by our distributions (he has done this in the past) in order to defend himself.

What type of lawyer would be appropriate to hire & any recommendations in NYC?

You need to hire Walt - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on April 09, 2006 at 20:16:33:

See a few threads below. Walt will WORK for his nickel. Bwhahahaha!

Seriously, your partnership agreement should pretty well specify what your remedies are for hiring and firing the general. Look for a good business law litigant who understands RE. Good luck. Time to pay the lawyers (again). Sheesh!

Re: You need to hire Walt - Posted by Walt Carey

Posted by Walt Carey on April 10, 2006 at 19:16:37:

That nickel goes pretty fast in my biz, Dave. Unless of course if that nickel is a 1913 Liberty Head.

Its the quality of service that makes up your “fee”, my friend.

Just ask Joe Kaiser. :wink: