What would you do if you lost $100 million? - Posted by Jim Beavens

Posted by MN~Chicago on November 28, 1999 at 02:36:49:

What would you do if you lost $100 million? - Posted by Jim Beavens

Posted by Jim Beavens on November 27, 1999 at 14:30:32:

For the past 7 days, our local paper, the Oregonian, has been running a 7-part series on Andy Wiederhorn, founder and former CEO of Wilshire Financial Services, which was sacked late last year when the sub-prime lending market blew up (but unlike alot of other companies, barely stayed afloat after going through bankruptcy). I found it to be fascinating reading, and thought others here might enjoy it as well. Not only is it related to real estate, but it provides rare insight into a real player. I’m sure there are several lessons we can take away from it.

Anyway, check it out:

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/99/11/bz112106.html

A Christmas gift for Weiderhorn… - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on November 28, 1999 at 22:17:01:

a copy of “The Millionaire Next Door”. I personally know people worth more than him at his best that still fly coach,(instead of private jet), drive an SUV, (instead of Mercedes 600SL),live in a condo (instead of a 25 room mansion)and have a closetful of jeans (rather than Armani suits). Herein lies the problem?

Thanks! - Posted by JMena RI

Posted by JMena RI on November 28, 1999 at 13:45:36:

Jim, thanks so much for that article. I held calls until I was done reading it! It just reminds us what true champions do when taken down. And you know what…maybe my problems aren’t so bad!