What would you do? - Posted by Young Buck

Posted by Redline on December 02, 1998 at 13:24:56:

The least you can do is have an opinion - AND STICK TO IT!

If you’re negative and a doomsayer, just admit it and let the rest of us move on with our lives and our educations.

While you’re at it, enclose yourself in a box and declare yourself king of infinite space.
(That goes for your buddy JohnD up there too)

RL

What would you do? - Posted by Young Buck

Posted by Young Buck on December 01, 1998 at 09:05:12:

Im only 20yrs old and dont have much money so I am asking what could someone in my position do in real estate in order to make a few extra quick dollors before Xmas?

Re: What would you do? - Posted by Henry Benes

Posted by Henry Benes on December 01, 1998 at 11:12:33:

With no money and only 24 days to learn, find, and close a deal, the only way I can think of for you to make money on real estate would be rake the leaves off some.

Re: What would you do? - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 01, 1998 at 11:09:07:

With no money, quickly you could for example:

1. Locate investment/rehab property at wholesale price, tie up with contract, and assign to a wholesaler and make a few thousand depending on the deal.

2. Lease/option with little/no down and assign the option to someone else with a nice down and cash flow every month.

Now get crackin!

RL

No raking required. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 01, 1998 at 11:36:07:

Henry,

If you’d read my first post below you would’ve been introduced to two ways that a person could “learn, find,and close a deal” in only 24 days. Actually, it could be done in less time than that.

And the best part is, you could let someone ELSE rake the leaves!

RL

Re: No raking required. - Posted by Henry Benes

Posted by Henry Benes on December 01, 1998 at 13:27:40:

Sorry I didn’t read your post. I usually read post when I think I might learn someing from them and I have read many of your post in the past and I for some reason skipped it this time.

I think you’re right though. Often the quickest way to learn someting is to read up on it. If he orders a course today maybe he’ll have it by Monday, he can read, understand and comprehend it all by Wednesday the 9th. He can find a deal on the 10th, xerox his forms on the 11th, and collect his money on the 12th which would give him 12 days to shop for Christmas presents. Kind of a rush but I’m sure he is a bright enough young man to grasp it that quickly. He probably even has enough time to hire someone to rake his leaves. Who says Rome wasn’t built in a day? He’s not building Rome, he just needs some quick Christmas cash. Next time I’ll know better and read your post first. Go for it Young Buck.

Re: No raking required. - Posted by JohnD(CO)

Posted by JohnD(CO) on December 01, 1998 at 22:51:20:

I thought you were right the first time.

Re: No raking required. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 01, 1998 at 14:32:15:

Now that’s more the positive spirit! And hey, I know a small iota of what some of these guys (and gals) here know so imagine all the possibilities!

RL

yeah - Posted by Henry Benes

Posted by Henry Benes on December 02, 1998 at 09:23:07:

I was right the first time. RE investing is not something you learn in a few days to make some quick cash and then quit. Sometimes its easier to agree with someone that just knows a lot of big words than to listen to their b*tchin. Its also a lot of fun to watch them pat themself on the back becaused they are so impressed with themselves.