What would you do with $1750 - Posted by MB(Ga)

Posted by roundhouse on June 01, 2006 at 09:24:43:

I have not experienced rural GA; I will definitely take heed to your statement and travel safely."

I think he meant to be careful about buying property, the prices are low in rural areas for a reason…
there are very few buyers, and in many places no jobs.

No need to worry about your personal safety in most rural areas, anyplace within 20 miles of Hartsfield is 10X more dangerous than rural GA.

What would you do with $1750 - Posted by MB(Ga)

Posted by MB(Ga) on May 31, 2006 at 17:10:30:

I anticipate being able to begin with roughly $1750 to start with MH investments in about 2 weeks.

Background - Early 20s, recent college graduate. Have a full-time job; I will work mh investments to establish my REI career and create an financial portfolio.

Location - I am in the Southern region of Atlanta and have desires to work within a 30 mile radius of the airport.

Financial - Did I say I recently graduated college? I have amassed several thousands dollalrs in student loans. My previous personal credit issues are no more; I live more responsibly and have mid-scores around 640 ish.

Plan - I have 4 1/2 days within the next 7 calendar days to visit mhp’s in my area. My plan of action was just to get a feel of the types of mhp’s in the area, check on prices. I have a list of about 40 locations to scout…

Back to the main point… what would you do with this time and money…

PS Can Deals on Wheels, or any of Lonnie’s materials’, be purchased through Amazon?

Not sure on Tew’s Investor Toolkit or Huge Profits - Posted by MB(Ga)

Posted by MB(Ga) on June 02, 2006 at 16:24:03:

I purchased Lonnie’s books and the course. I was curious if I get the Investor’s Toolkit, is there a need to get Huge Profit? Does Huge Profits overlap on material from the combination of Lonnie’s curricula and Investors Tool Kit?

Re: What would you do with $1750 - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on June 01, 2006 at 11:08:07:

I am no MH expert, but I have bought both of Lonnie’s books from CREOnline and they are worth the money…and then some. Actually, even if you never buy a MH they are pretty good reads!

Re: What would you do with $1750 - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on May 31, 2006 at 18:18:45:

MB-

I would put the money in a CD for the next 6 months and add all that you can to a savings account during that time. This will remove your temptation to buy the first likely-looking deal.

I’d buy Lonnie’s books from CREOnline, get a financial calculator and start hitting the speed bumps- go to every park you can find. Henry Co is a great place to start. Talk to the PMs, see what is going on in the parks. Based on what I know about this area you should easily be able to buy some fixers for $500-$1500 (but remember the costs to fix and the holding costs can be the dealbreakers. You want to find parks where the PM will give you a break on the lot rent!) Ask the PMs what the vacancy rate is, and what they are doing to address that. Ask if they are willing to help show your MHs for you (but never rely solely on them to do so).

I’m shocked by how high lots rents are in that area, and there are many many desperate sellers, even in nice parks. Be ready to walk away from what you think are good deals just for the practice.

Remember: this is a get-rich-slow biz. 4 1/2 days and you will barely begin to scratch the surface.

Also: if you are a city person, rural GA is very different. Be careful.

Anne

PS- familiarize yourself with the age that you are allowed to move MHs in GA- it varies by county. Some counties you can’t move a home if it’s more than 10 years old.

Thx! Want to grow rich over time not overnight :wink: - Posted by MB(Ga)

Posted by MB(Ga) on May 31, 2006 at 19:03:41:

Thanks alot Anne for your advice.

First let me say I definitely know I will not get rich overnight, let alone 4 1/2 days. I generally never have that much time off consistently; so, I wanted to maximize every moment I could in regards to information and “getting out”.

I have not experienced rural GA; I will definitely take heed to your statement and travel safely. I will also call DMV of every county to find regulation laws of MH’s.

Maybe I can go ahead and set up some basic corporate filings and put the money in a cd for the corporation; that may also help me establish a better business relationship with the bank.

Thanks Again,

Marteen(Ga)

skip the corporate filings - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on June 01, 2006 at 19:10:06:

sell your couch

learn the biz

do some deals

THEN incorporate