What would you say to agents? - Posted by Ann(ATL)

Posted by RD-Atl on June 11, 2000 at 23:24:52:

Steve, I am also interested and would like have the names.
Thanks, RD

What would you say to agents? - Posted by Ann(ATL)

Posted by Ann(ATL) on June 09, 2000 at 17:46:39:

Hi! I have been viewing this site for the last couple of months and I have learned a lot. I have not yet done my first deal. I have some of the courses. What I would like to know , when flipping properties, what would you say to the agents when they ask you about your lender? I would like to thank all who reply.

Re: What would you say to agents? - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on June 11, 2000 at 19:40:16:

I agree with John. You have to answer the question about financing with confidence and that comes from a making a few contacts first.

Call a mortgage broker. I work with some good ones in Atlanta and can give you a few names if you are interested. Also, there are hard money brokers that will write you letter to give you credibility with the seller.

Re: What would you say to agents? - Posted by JohnWe (NoCA)

Posted by JohnWe (NoCA) on June 09, 2000 at 21:33:39:

That depends on how you’ve got your financing lined up.

If you’ve got hard money lined up, just say you have private money lined up and ready to go. They love to hear this.

If you’ve got a letter of credit, or other pre-approval, show it to them so they take you seriously.

If you’re planning on doing a simo, or assign a contract to another investor, forget normal agents. They hate to hear that. Just say something vague like, I’m working with a mortgage broker (make sure you have made friends with one already, so that you don’t get caught if they want to know who).

Hope that helps.

Re: What would you say to agents? - Posted by Ann(ATL)

Posted by Ann(ATL) on June 11, 2000 at 21:41:41:

Steve, I am interested and I would like to have the names of the mortgage broker. Thanks! Ann Lawrence