whats a good note - Posted by Scott

Posted by David Butler on February 06, 2002 at 13:42:05:

Hello Scott,

Hey, very reasonable question, but the context in which you ask it is pretty broad. However, the solutions are at your fingertips. There has been extensive discussion related to this subject right here in the Cash Flow Forum.

Best way to address your issues here is to suggest that you take advantage of the “Search” feature prominently displayed at the top of this Forum, and enter the various keywords that will bring up the answers for you. These would include “creating notes”, “creating notes for sale”, “simultaneous closing”, “table funding”, “seller-exemption”, “manufactured notes”, “best terms for creating a note”, “prepayment penalties”, “late payment penalties”, “Soldier-Sailor Relief Act”, and similar phrases.

You will find a cornucopia of information that should steer you directly where you want to go with this endeavor, in relation to your objectives, and with what is permissible in your state with regard to note creation!

Hope that helps, and Happy Hunting :wink:

David P. Butler

whats a good note - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on February 06, 2002 at 09:47:57:

How do you create a note that is easy to sell. I was told that if I find someone with a decent credit rating and put them in my property, I can set up a land contract for 10% intrest a 7 year balloon and a 10% down payment and even without much seasioning that this note would sell for 70 to 80% of face value?..

Im looking at creating notes to sell with properties im buying at 50% fmv and sell the note for a quick profit. What would be good numbers to go by that would appeal to most note buyers?..Also, does it matter much where the property is?