What's my Problem! - Posted by Sal

Posted by Brent_IL on October 28, 2000 at 20:25:34:

ntxt

What’s my Problem! - Posted by Sal

Posted by Sal on October 28, 2000 at 14:07:11:

Dear Group.

I am called by many sellers (Motivated too) that are behind on payments, or Divorcing and needing out quickly. You know the kind. I mean MOTIVATED!

They want to sell fast and are really glad they found me! OK, I get all the facts and figures put together my purchase and sales agreement along with all of the other documents to do a subject to deal and then they never call back!

This last one I did, the seller was very willing to sign because she could no longer make the payments! She wanted to sign RIGHT NOW! and did so. The husband (Who was at work at the time) could not get off and said he would read the agreement that evening and then sign it. (I used Bronchicks agreement) so I know it’s good. I let 1/2 of the sellers take the agreement with them and they told me we would meet in a few days with all of the signed documents in hand. Well, it’s been a few days and not even a call from them to tell me to get lost or nothin! What am I doing wrong here?

She had even told me prior to meeting her the 1st time that she discussed it with her attorney and he even said it’s perfectly legal and to “Go For It”

I just don’t get it!

Theres another one where the seller is an out of state owner needing to sell (1 month behind now) but is listed with a Realtor. They were all excited about my program, and were anxious to get the agreement mailed to them so they can look it over to review it. The Realtor will be out of the picture in 10 more days and all paperwork was postdated to coinside with the expiration of the listing. I’m sure by now that they received the paperwork. I emailed them to see if they had received it and or if they had any questions, and guess what? NO REPLYS…! WHYT IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!

They both were extatic over my offering and then …Gone!

Please help if you can. //////////////////////////\

Thanks
Sal

Re: What’s my Problem! - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on October 28, 2000 at 23:22:59:

Are you sure you are SOLVING their problems, are just making deals for you. They have to buy into what you are doing, because you are helping them. Also try reading Joe Kaiser’s Getting on the same page with the SEller, in the How to Articles here.

Re: What’s my Problem! - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on October 28, 2000 at 20:21:38:

Carmen’s advice below is excellent. However, I would perhaps advise becoming a pest versus losing another deal. That is you right…you’re the one in charge (if you’re not, then you should get that way).

A couple valuable closing pointers:

1. Never let the ball be in their court. EVER! Never leave anything up to them that you might have to wait for, if you can possibly avoid it. Drive them to the bank to get the money, write the offer up on the spot. Don’t give them time to “think it over”: give them time to rescind instead.

2. Never give a three-legged presentation: always insist that the husband and wife be present when you meet with them, especially when you are presenting anything that has to be looked-over or that will require signatures.

3. Always have a reason to call:?just checking to see if you were going to leave the power on when you leave, or not; just checking to see what the costs of garbage pick-up is; do you have a gardener, or will I need to hire one?, etc.

4. Never delay a meeting for convenience sake…I have lost more properties over that one than any other mistake I’ve ever made. Do it now! No matter what! (He who hesitates is screwed). If its not going to be too far to drive tomorrow, its not too far right now.

5. Before you go to the signing, be absolutely certain that they understand the rules clearly:

Say this to them when you make the appointment?"I have the paper work pretty much finished, but I do need to clarify a few points before we get together. When I get there, there’ll, of course, be no pressure to sign anything you don’t want to: but I need to know that assuming everything is exactly as we discussed, are you folks certain that you are ready to make decision while I?m there? Good! That then means that if all goes well, I?ll leave with a signed acceptance of my offer?right? I know you folks wouldn?t ever do such a thing, but you?d be surprised at how many times I get left holding the bag if I don?t clarify that up front.?

or…(if they say they?re not ready to make the decision)?

No? Why is that? What exactly are your concerns? OK, well, if I can put all those concerns to rest…THEN will you be ready to make your decision while I?m there? Great! Shall we make it 6:30 then?or will 6:00 be better?

Understand that you have the absolute right to be demanding at this stage, as there are only three choices the sellers can make ? Yes, No or Maybe so. If it is going to be no, you?ll need to know that, and what you might be able to do to make it a Yes before you waste all your time. If its maybe so, you need to determine exactly what you?ll need to do to eliminate the hesitation before you waste any more time.

1. Always (but ALWAYS) remember that objections are not statements?they are “questions,” to be answered as such. I.e., when someone says, “?but we have to get all our cash out now,” what they’re really saying is: “Can you show me how we can get by if we can?t get all our cash now?” Or if someone says, “I just don’t understand,” what they’re really saying is: “Could you please explain it again to us, in different terms this time?” If they say we were expecting a much higher selling price," what they mean is: “Can you show us how we will come out better by accepting your offer now, versus waiting for something better to come along?” If the say ?No!? That means, ??could you please give me some reasons that might cause me to change my mind??

Never forget that anytime you have to start your sentence following an objection, with ?Yeah, but?? You lose (We call those Yabuts, which are little rubber bullets that inept sales people shoot their toes off with). Instead, start the sentence with: ?As I understand you concern?? I.e., ?As I understand your concern, it?s that you were hoping for a little more profit in the deal. Is that it?? Answer: ?Well that was my concern too, but because of the circumstances, I honestly think by doing it this way, we can get you out of the property sooner with a lot less stress, and considerably more money in the long run.? Or??A lot of people I talk to felt that way in the beginning, but when they begin to see the whole picture, they tend to agree that this really IS the best way to go, for both of us.?

1. Regarding the ?pestering? part. Simply get a pestering license when you have to leave anything with them or rely on some future act on their parts: e.g.: ?I?m going to be in an out over the next two days, so to avoid missing calls, will you mind if I Have to pester you a bit until we come to our conclusion on this??

2. And the most important one of all: ? Oh??

Anytime your prospect vices an objection in a declarative way?you merely say ?Oh?? And let complete silence force the real objection out of them. A simple ?Oh?? will tell you exactly what areas of objection you have to concentrate on.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Did YOU call THEM back? - Posted by Carmen_FL

Posted by Carmen_FL on October 28, 2000 at 14:36:45:

I’ve noticed that people are flaky. They’re also very scared of things they don’t understand. If you don’t call them back and keep on top of it, they get cold feet, begin to talk to other people, who all tell them not to do it, that you’re probably doing something illegal/immoral/trying to steal their house/ etc. and they change their minds. Your not calling them (e-mail is very impersonal, and they may not check it for days or weeks) may just confirm in their mind that you are probably a flake yourself, or a “fly-by-night” and that just maybe they shouldn’t trust you.

In addition, many of the courses tell you, over and over, don’t leave your contract. Offer to meet with whomever they need to show it to in order to go over the contract with them (spouse, attorney, friend, mother, whomever), but don’t leave it with them. If you don’t get a signed contract while you’re sitting in front of them, the chances are you won’t get one later (of course, in out-of-state situations, that makes things that much more complicated!)

Unless a concerted, directed and constant effort is made (without, of course, crossing that fine line of becoming a pest), many deals will not close. Maybe you can read up on a few “closing” techniques by the many talented sales trainers out there. It may just be a matter of your feeling uncomfortable or unsure, which makes others feel uncomfortable or unsure, which just leads to decreasing motivation. Practice, and some study, will take care of that. The “Art” of the close is highly valued in sales, and the “closers” or “top producers” are those that can consistently get people to sign/buy/whatever you’re asking them to do. Some people seem born to it; others need to keep practicing!

Good luck!