Whats should I do with a property soooo far away? - Posted by Jen C

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on April 17, 2002 at 16:33:30:

Jen C–(CA)--------------

Thank you. I have responded directly to your e-mail address.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****

Whats should I do with a property soooo far away? - Posted by Jen C

Posted by Jen C on April 15, 2002 at 05:12:44:

Hello fellow REI’s. A old friend of mine just inherited a property in Oklahoma, however we are both in California. So I would love to flip to someone out there. Any idea what the comps are in that area?? So I can get a reasonable idea of what the market is out there?

OK properties. - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on April 15, 2002 at 21:44:50:

Jen C--------------

I depends upon the county. First, Pascal’s suggestions are good. I often use realtor.com to comp properties in OK, where I buy properties.

Also, if the property is in Oklahoma county or Tulsa county, First American Real Estate Solutions has assessment roll databases for those two counties. It is possible to do comparables with the FARES databases. If the property is in Oklahoma county or Tulsa county and you don’t have FARES, I would be willing to look up comps for you on my account.

In some counties the local newspaper will print recent property sales. In some counties the newspapers are online for free. Also you can look at for sale ads in the newpapers on line.

There is a legal/business newspaper in Oklahoma county. I think they also print information about sales in nearby counties. I think there may be a legal newspaper in Tulsa County.

I have a contact in Comanche county who can do research in the county records. She produces a liens/filings abstract paper for the county and a couple of smaller counties SW of Comanche county.

If the property is in Eastern Oklahoma county, I might be interested in buying it. That is where I am concentrating my efforts now.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

Re: Whats should I do with a property … - Posted by Pascal

Posted by Pascal on April 15, 2002 at 08:24:21:

Try homeadvisor.com or realtor.com or the Real Estate section in YAHOO. They all can give you comps.

Lease option the property, set up a collection account at a title company to do the paperwork. Easy as pie!

…is this working? - Posted by Jen C

Posted by Jen C on April 16, 2002 at 12:22:23:

Dear Ron,

Im no expert in REI, but I can possibly make this deal happen. Since this is my first deal ever, I probably wont even ask for a bird dog fee, (thats because I have no idea how the procedures are for bird-dogging), but since its a good lesson, I’ll just do my best in preparing the necessary info for you. Please Email me Ron. Hopefully I can get the specs on the house soon. Im still waiting for her call…

Sounds Like I can get you this deal RON***STAR - Posted by Jen C

Posted by Jen C on April 16, 2002 at 12:19:13:

Dear Ron,

Im no expert in REI, but I can possibly make this deal happen. Since this is my first deal ever, I probably wont even ask for a bird dog fee, (thats because I have no idea how the procedures are for bird-dogging), but since its a good lesson, I’ll just do my best in preparing the necessary info for you. Please Email me Ron. Hopefully I can get the specs on the house soon. Im still waiting for her call…