What's the record for no calls... - Posted by Ehab

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 18, 2003 at 18:28:44:

Ehab,

Make your sign the 4th on the pole. Get your message out there. It takes a while to get calls sometimes. In this business you have to have patience. Dont be one of those who gives up in a month or two.

Trust me, keeping your cool and holding out will pay off for you in the long run.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

What’s the record for no calls… - Posted by Ehab

Posted by Ehab on August 18, 2003 at 09:11:43:

on your bandit signs? I have to admit it is a bit discouraging. For the last 3 weekends, I’ve placed 20 signs out each weekend and haven’t had any calls yet. Is this typical?

Also, if there is a telephone pole that has 3 “We Buy Houses” signs on it, should I pass it and move on, or make mine the 4th sign on the pole?

Thanks,

Ehab

A very long time, unless YOU take action! - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on August 19, 2003 at 24:39:35:

Ehab,
20 signs?
Dude, unless you live in a 2 square mile area, this is not enough.
If you are going to use signs, you need to use them, not look at them in your garage.
Sure, calls are slow.
People are calling the signs they see most.
Guess how I know that?

Also, do not rely on just signs for your marketing, just make that a part of your overall marketing plan.

I use them, and a whole slew of other things.
The signs do the best, as far as most bang for the buck.
However, having your message out there in many forms, makes it become something the viewers are used to seeing.
This beleive it or not, builds a sense of trust.
They will call the message and number they see most, before calling others.
Human nature.

20 signs would not do the trick in my opinion.
If money is tight, and this is why you are saving signs, try something else cheaper, or save up and get more signs.

Whenever my calls get slow even for just a couple of days, I know that there is a problem with my marketing.
Uusually means that my marketing has gone AWOL.
This is when I kick it back into high gear, get my guys out with signs/flyers, and do a few things myself.

Beleive me, if you market beyond your comfort zone, calls will come.

Persistent, consistent marketing is a must in this business, and the sinlge largest investment you should make as far as I’m concerned.
No leads, means no deals, which means no business to run.
So, while the calls are NOT coming in, what are you doing to change that?
Use your time wisely, and market daily.

Good luck,
Jim FL