What's your opinion...? - Posted by Rich

Posted by Steve-Atl on June 12, 2000 at 11:15:22:

My experience has been if the woman does not like it, they do not buy. That’s not intended to sound sexist but that’s what I found.

That is why I learned to show women properties that are clean are ready to move-in. Several times I tried to show a property that was under renovation where the husband liked it but the wife needed to see it complete. I also learned to always install a new kitchen sink and faucet, and be sure the kitchen and bathrooms are clean.

What’s your opinion…? - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on June 12, 2000 at 09:25:56:

1. If a man wants to buy a property and the woman doesn’t like it, what are the chances that they will still buy the property?

2. If a woman wants to buy a property and the man doesn’t like it, what are the chances that they will still buy the property?

I’ve been dealing in antiques for over 20 years and have found that, if the woman wants the item, and the man doesn’t, they usually still buy it.
In contrast, if the man wants the item, and the woman doesn’t, she usually talks him out of it.

Does it work the same way in real estate? The reason I’m asking, the husband fell in love with my property, but the wife thinks it is too big.

Will I sell it to them or not? What’s your opinion?

I’ll let you know by the end of the week.

• Rich (in MD)

Re: What’s your opinion…? - Posted by T Jent

Posted by T Jent on June 12, 2000 at 23:01:14:

As a generality, if it’s a home they will live in, the woman usually makes the ultimate decision. If it’s strictly investment, the man.

Re: What’s your opinion…? - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on June 12, 2000 at 12:19:43:

OH YEAH ! the woman says what stays and what goes.
just like in most relationships (haha).

Re: What’s your opinion…? - Posted by JB in MD

Posted by JB in MD on June 12, 2000 at 11:53:50:

Rich,
I would tend to agree with Steve. His points are right on.

Where are you located in MD?

Jason