What's your take on this ? - Posted by DeiDei

Posted by Warner(ATL) on February 16, 2000 at 19:35:17:

This agents value to you is negative infinity…Total waste of time and thought.

Warner

What’s your take on this ? - Posted by DeiDei

Posted by DeiDei on February 16, 2000 at 17:18:53:

Hi Everyone,

While in the process of trying to flip some properties I came across a REI. I called and asked if they knew of any “Title Companies” that did simultaneous closings. They took my name and number and said they’d have someone get back to me…4 weeks later…I got a call this afternoon (I was half asleep). The woman asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I was trying to flip some property and needed a Title Company that did double closings. She said she knew some , but that they would be suspicious without agent representation; because there are others involved such as mortgage brokers, etc. I know I’m a “NEWBIE”, but since when do you need a real estate agent and a mortgage broker to do a flip…isn’t the point to get the property under contract and find cash buyers? Who needs a real estate agent for that? GEEEEESH !!!
I’ve always thought of myself as being on the upper level of intelligence, but this agent obviously thought she had the “Village Idiot”. She told me that she teaches a course showing people how to flip property, and that it basically couldn’t be done without an agent. Needless to say, she really struck a cord. I feel that her sole purpose was to try and take advantage of me. Tell me what you all think…Thanks in advance.
DeiDei

Re: What’s your take on this ? - Posted by Tarun_md

Posted by Tarun_md on February 17, 2000 at 15:49:46:

Why don’t you call some title companies directly from the yellow pages and explain to them what you are trying to accomplish. After speaking to a few settlement attorneys/officers, you should have a good idea about who might be able to work with you.
Ask them if they have worked with other investors.

As far a this woman is concerned, I think that she just wants your money. Like jim mentioned, be careful of her but listen to what she says
The title companies that I used to do my flips were all recommended to my by the investors I flipped the properties to.
Once you have a propery under contract, and you find an investor to flip to, chances are that he/she knows of a title company that can do double closings.

Tarun

Re: What’s your take on this ? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 16, 2000 at 19:46:14:

DeiDei,
Sounds to me like this agent was trying to solicit your business.
So, proceed with caution, but listen to what she has to say.
You never know, she may turn out to be a good resource.
I work with a few agents in my area, and perfrom for them.
Just today an agent called me, and told me about a buyer she had talked to.
He was looking for a L/O and she had none listed.
So, she told me his info, and then asked if she could pass along my info to him.
She is still not real sure “How” I do deals, but she has been to a few closings with me, so she knows I can do deals.
If I get a home for her buyer, I’ll throw her a bone, and she will call back when she finds homes or buyers for me.
I gave up trying to educate her on my methods of investing, but still stay in contact with her.
We help each other with referals, and that suits me fine.
Maybe you just found such an agent.

good luck,
Jim IL