When a wholesale buyer or t/b'er asks - Posted by J.F.

Posted by Todd (OH) on February 06, 2002 at 05:20:53:

When a wholesale buyer or t/b’er asks - Posted by J.F.

Posted by J.F. on February 05, 2002 at 15:50:39:

Just finished Le Grand’s quick cash course and am very excited. Just curious what some standard answers might be when a wholesale buyer or t/b’er asks what my position is in the transaction or does this not come up. Im kind of young to look like a homeowner in my expensive area. Also does anyone know if Le Grand’s contracts are currently legal in FL or should I get some from Bronchick’s site. Thanks a million to all of you. I’ve been reading everything on this site for a few months and am gradually getting comfortable enough to make the jump.
J.F.

Re: When a wholesale buyer or t/b’er asks - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on February 05, 2002 at 16:13:27:

J.F.,

If someone asks what your position is tell them you have a house under contract that you don’t want. That’s it. You don’t have to add any more legitimacy or formality too it than that. Don’t try to be something you’re not. By that I mean you CERTAINLY don’t have to go into some lengthy verbal presentation of a business in which you wholesale 5-10 houses per month, particularly if you don’t.

Just tell the truth…“I made an offer on house, it was accepted, and I’m willing to sell the contract for X…”.

If you keep it simple and don’t try to pretend…then you won’t get nervous when they ask you something you don’t understand. In that case, you just say, “Sorry, not sure what that means…as I mentioned, I made an offer on a house, it got accepted, and I don’t want it…do you want it?..”

“But…blah, blah, blah…”

Your response, “…is that a yes or no? Would you like to know how to get into it?..”

Hope that helps,

-Steve