when MHP land best use is not a MHP - Posted by Richard [NJ]

Posted by Steve-WA on May 19, 2007 at 21:58:17:

do I worry? Nah, worrying causes stress. If it happens, Staples is hiring, LOL. Or I can do due diligence for park buyers. Or I can shuck peas for DelMonte.

Yes, money goes to a low-income-qualified resident, not me.

But you know what? We got volcanos too, and people in Kansas got tornados, and people in AZ got, well, old people.

Why worry? Sh*t happens - move forward.

;-)3

when MHP land best use is not a MHP - Posted by Richard [NJ]

Posted by Richard [NJ] on May 19, 2007 at 05:13:41:

There was an interesting and relevant short piece on public radio’s “Marketplace” about the effects of MHPs in Washington state being sold off to be used for other purposes.

See (and listen to) http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2007/05/17/PM200705177.html

Richard in NJ

yep - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 19, 2007 at 13:02:02:

seeing it - all over.

And that fund that they say is dried up? The one where the state will help pay income-qualified people relocate their MH? I (my buyers, actually) pay for that - $100 extra per title transfer.

Funny thing - you’d think that there would be widespread governmental support, at all levels, for providing low cost housing, as I (we) do, but I have seen absolutely nothing as long as I’ve been in business. Other low-income housing developments - stick builts and multi’s - are suffering the same fate, yet there is nothing to help those people either. I have tried to contact the appropriate agencies, and I never get a call returned; if I get anyone on the phone, I am passed around - no apparent interest.

I really feel for the trod upon -

Re: yep - Posted by Todd(AZ)

Posted by Todd(AZ) on May 19, 2007 at 21:48:00:

Steve, do you worry that any of your homes in parks you don’t own will fall subject to this? If I understand correctly, at least in AZ, any relocation $ goes to the owner (resident), not lienholder, of a mobile. Same there? Todd(AZ)