When to start your buyers list? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Jonathan Rexford FL on February 21, 2002 at 20:28:54:

How about yesterday? Try your local REIA club and the paper.

When to start your buyers list? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on February 21, 2002 at 20:19:36:

I am new in REI and I am mainly looking into flipping properties. I have purchased a few courses and books but I am not ready to actually go out and find properties yet. I know that your buyers list is pretty important. My question is should I start finding people to put on my buyers list now even though I’m not ready to look at properties yet? If so, what is the most affective way of finding people? Any response would be greatly appreciated, Thank you very much.

-Rob

Re: When to start your buyers list? - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on February 22, 2002 at 07:54:56:

Rob,

My experience in collecting a buyers list was that many of them in my area of DC didn’t want to bother with me until I had a deal. Fine.

What I did, however, was take a step back and just start collecting names. I would notice who was doing all the rehabs in a neighborhood and I’d write down their number. As well, if I would call a FSBO, many times they would be investors and I would add that too my list.

Just having a casual conversation with them you can learn a lot about what types of projects they like to do, where they like to do them, what they expect in profit, etc.

-Steve

Re: When to start your buyers list? - Posted by garrison

Posted by garrison on February 21, 2002 at 21:03:16:

youre not ready to go out and start looking at properties yet! you can read all the books in the world but until you start looking at properties you wont learn what you need.
no book will help you more than experience. look look and look some more. when you run across a good one you’ll know it.

good luck
garrison