When transfering property into land trust in Maryland.... - Posted by Tarun_md

Posted by Dave T on April 10, 2000 at 21:12:44:

You can argue that a transfer has not taken place. You are simply recording title differently, but as the beneficiary of the trust. you are still the owner.

A few years ago, I recorded a NO CONSIDERATION DEED to transfer title from a joint ownership (I was a co-owner) to my name as a sole owner. The recording fee in Frederick County was $12.00. I can’t see that your situation is any different, and you should only have to pay recording fees – not transfer fees.

I am getting ready to do the same thing for my property in Frederick and Montgomery counties. Please E-mail me your outcome, so I will know what to expect when I transfer my property to a land trust.

When transfering property into land trust in Maryland… - Posted by Tarun_md

Posted by Tarun_md on April 10, 2000 at 05:14:09:

Is any transfer tax paid(when the deed with the trustee’s name is recorded) on a property which has been deeded into a land trust in Maryland? The transfer tax here is very high. Also, does anyone know of any attorney in the Northern Virginia, Montgomery and P.G county(Maryland) area that understands a closing via a land trust?
Thanks for the help
TarunSaighal

Re: When transfering property into land trust in Maryland… - Posted by GregNorman

Posted by GregNorman on April 11, 2000 at 07:02:42:

Tarun,

I asked Bronchick the same thing a little while ago and he said ‘pay the transfer tax’. Check his board, I think I posted the question.

Greg