Where can I find what a property will rent for? - Posted by Michael A. Bardelli

Posted by david b on April 23, 2002 at 19:30:35:

tax assessors website - property in area w/out homestead exemptions. call using reverse phone search

Where can I find what a property will rent for? - Posted by Michael A. Bardelli

Posted by Michael A. Bardelli on April 23, 2002 at 17:45:28:

Hello all,
I have yet another question for this fine community. Where does one find the amount that a certain property will rent for in a given market? I have asked agents but they either can’t (or don’t want to) help. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your answers to my previous question.

Sincerely,
Michael A. Bardelli

HUD has a website with fair market rents… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on April 23, 2002 at 19:37:57:

www.huduser.org/datasets/fmr.html

use this as a guide, look at newppaer ads, call apartment complexes, and real estate offices, then you’ll know what everybody else is charging for rent.

David Krulac

Re: Where can I find what a property - Posted by bob(CO)

Posted by bob(CO) on April 23, 2002 at 19:21:54:

David is right. Pick up a newpaper and call about the rentals that seem close to what you have. Then go view a few. Be realistic in evaluating your property and comparing to others. Renters just wnat the best place to rent for the amount they have to spend.

Re: Where can I find what a property will rent - Posted by David H

Posted by David H on April 23, 2002 at 19:08:04:

Play “tenant” for a few days and call up ads for rentals like yours. Or subscribe to a market research firm that provides relevant information, such as www.realfacts.com or www.axiometrics.com. Or check with your local rental owners association.

Re: HUD has a website with fair market rents… - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on April 23, 2002 at 22:38:56:

David Krulac–¶-------------

Thanks for the reference. I have added the census database to my favorities list. Printing out data right now for some towns of interest to me in OK.

Good Investing and Good SharingRon Starr***