Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Tim King

Posted by Dave on August 13, 2001 at 10:11:48:

I phoned WKang,but got ‘no longer in service’ msg. Do you have another # on him? Thanks Dave

Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Tim King

Posted by Tim King on June 20, 2001 at 12:21:13:

Please provide info on printers or wwhomever can crank out $100 Bill look alike business cards … anywhere! Thanks

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 20, 2001 at 13:37:09:

I’ve been using the $100 business card for several years. I borrowed the concept from someone who gave me his card about 20 years ago and I kept it all these years. I simply took his card to a local printer and asked if it could be reproduced ? with my text of course. My printer didn?t hesitate for a minute, in fact, he had already done a similar job for someone else in another industry here in Houston. I pass out my cards at the CREOnline conventions. Since the 1999 convention in Dallas and after each subsequent annual convention, I’ve had several inquiries about the cards. Most of the folks have taken my card to a local printer in their hometown to have the work done. A few have had to try a couple of printers because the first one told them that it was illegal to reproduce U. S. currency. Others have said that as long as you’re not reproducing the entire bill it’s okay.

Someone I met at the Dallas convention was able to find a local printer in his hometown to print the cards but quoted him an exorbitant price. The investor contacted my printer here in Houston and was able to beat the prices of his local printer even though he had to pay shipping. In case you encounter the same situation, here’s the info about my printer:

His name is Wony Kang. His company is Print King located at 2616 Briarhurst, Houston, TX 77057. Phone number is 713-782-8336. I buy the $100 dollar bill cards in quantities of 10,000 and pay 2.6¢ each. When I first priced the job, the printer quoted the following rates based on the quantity ordered:

1,000 for 13.8¢ each = $138.00
2,000 for 7.75¢ each = $155.00
5,000 for 3.9¢ each = $195.00
10,000 for 2.6¢ each = $260.00
15,000 for 2.17¢ each = $325.00
25,000 for 1.8¢ each = $450.00

It’s been awhile since my last order so his prices may have changed. Also, I pick up the finished product so the prices quoted do not include a shipping/delivery fee.

Would I do anything differently in the next printing? I’m considering adding my photo. The guy whose card I originally copied had his photo positioned where the president’s portrait usually goes. I’m thinking about doing the same.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

I have seen $ 50.00 Bills - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on June 20, 2001 at 13:05:35:

in the past, and it seemed that all that I saw were from ppl in the CAR business. Their favorite trick was to scatter them around on the floor, which looked as if you had just found a crisp $ 50, until you picked it up, to learn it was the Car-guy doing creative marketing.

However, I’m NO help on where to find them. Sorry! I would be interested as well, should you locate the source.

JT - IN

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on June 20, 2001 at 12:40:21:

Hi Tim,
Although my business card isn’t a full $100 bill part of it is (about 25%, looks like a bill on a diagonal). I made it myself on my computer with microsoft publisher. Once I had what I liked, I brought it to Staples they can reproduce it for $110/500 cards. The reason for the cost is 1. multiple colors & 2. since the bill goes all the way to the edge - no border (they call this a bleed out) it costs extra. You can probably check with your local printer, they can do it cheaper, and can create it too, (if you don’t have the capabilities on your computer). Good Luck

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on February 20, 2002 at 20:24:16:

Jim,
I am right now thinking of a business card to design. But I remembered the $100 ones and searched the archives. What do your cards say? Can you email (scan) me a copy of your card or a similar one? Man I appreciate it. I was just thinking of a card and thought I give this a try :slight_smile:

How about a $1M business cards? - Posted by Dmitry_PA

Posted by Dmitry_PA on June 23, 2001 at 23:54:42:

During our recent local REI meeting I met a mortgage broker who handed me his card after our conversation. His card looked like a MILLION DOLLAR bill! Granted, this is the card I will never throw out… Just the feeling of having a million bucks in my wallet makes me feel good…
Anyway, there is a fine print on the card that says copyright MADOW GROUP, and after a bit of web searching I found a web page for this company. It’s a bit pricey and it does not even get close to Wony Kang, but what would you expect? Printing a million dollar bill should cost more than a $100-bill, wouldn’t you agree?
Here is the web page:
http://www.madow.com/products/mll.htm

Hope somebody can use it…

Dmitry_PA

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on June 23, 2001 at 13:18:58:

Jim,

Thx for the info but I guess the ultimate question is: how may deals have those fancy cards got you?

Bob Richards

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Fran CA on June 20, 2001 at 18:04:31:

Jim,

Thank you so much for the tip on the Money Cards. They look so real that people think I am really giving them $100. Wony did a fabulous job and the price for 10,000 was less than what I would have paid for 2,000 here in California. Even with paying the shipping.

Fran

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by DavidM

Posted by DavidM on June 20, 2001 at 16:41:00:

Can anyone email me a scan of what these cards look like? I’d also be interested in knowing what verbage you are using on them.
Thanks!

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on June 20, 2001 at 16:39:26:

Thanks for the info Jim.

I priced $100 bill cards at two DC area printers, first one quoted me $375.00 for 1,000 the second one quoted me $250.00 for 1000. Glad I didn’t order any yet. I’m calling Wony.

P.S. did you guys dry out yet?

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on June 20, 2001 at 16:13:24:

Thanks you Jim. Been trying to find someone to print those things. Yes, they always give me a start(le) when I see one. I have someone else’s on my coffee table that gets buried under piles, and every time I unearth it, I go “Oh, what’s th…” oh, geez that’s that business card I have to find a reasonable printer for.
Muchas gracias!!!

Your cards from the convention… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on June 20, 2001 at 14:14:42:

Your biz cards caught Kenny’s fancy at the convention and he put a couple in his wallet. They ALWAYS gives me a ‘start’ when I peek into his wallet and see these hundred dollar bills starting back at me–instead of moths!!! ha ha

Hi Guys!

Have a couple good stories to post–after we get our computer up and running again at home. Still can’t post from work (because we have all been blocked to any ‘Chat’ sites…

Bin thinkin’ about you, though, and hope you are all doing well.

Miss you!!

Susan

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 20, 2001 at 14:04:48:

That was me that ordered from your printer. The guy has very reasonable prices! The printers here wanted $600 just to print a 1000. A joke! I had them printed for my business. They came out GREAT! I’ve also had some fun folding them up and dropping them in the supermarkets on the floor! Funny watching people how they quickly bend over a grab them!!! LOL

Thanks again for getting me in touch with your printer Jim!

PS.

Maybe have a $500 bill printed up with your picture in the presidents place with…KENNEDY…printed underneath!!! :slight_smile:

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Tony (CA)

Posted by Tony (CA) on June 20, 2001 at 14:00:40:

I’m the one who asked you for the name of your printer. Mr. Kang was indeed much cheaper to use than my local printers in California.

They look great, too!

Thanks again, Jim.

Tony

Re: Where can you get $100 Bill Business Cards ? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 23, 2001 at 13:50:57:

They are my fourth most productive marketing method after:

1. Bandit Signs
  2. Bird Dog Referrals
  3. Expired Listings

The $100 Business Card just barely beats out the fifth most productive lead source - magnetic car signs.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

I’m glad he did a good job for you. (nt) - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 20, 2001 at 20:54:59:

Re: Where can you - Posted by Kent Cheatham

Posted by Kent Cheatham on June 22, 2001 at 03:48:31:

Can someone send me a scan also. I have an excellent printer and can add my own picture. If you send me a scan and a pic of you, I’ll photo-shop the 2 together for you.

I have never seen one of these and doubt I’ll ever go to a convention. I’m a home-boy Okie and dont get out much. The horses need me…grin.

Kent

High & Dry - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 20, 2001 at 20:31:49:

Gerald,

I lucked out. All of my properties were unaffected by the flood. Had one under contract that got flooded, but we hadn’t closed yet. So we’re leaving it in the seller’s name until her flood insurance pays for the repairs. I’ll actually come out ahead of the game since the insurance claim is going to cover new carpet and paint that I was going to have to pay for.

The city is still dealing with the aftermath of the flood. Lots of homes damaged with no flood insurance coverage. Lots of cars that were totally destroyed due to the flooding. The trash collectors are struggling to get caught up what with all the carpeting, furniture and appliances that were ruined. In addition to the general cleanup, we now face an inordinately large number of mosquitoes as a result of the flood.

I’m grateful that I was fortunate enough to be spared any damage.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

De nada!!! (nt) - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 20, 2001 at 19:40:59: