Where can you get that? - Posted by zippy66

Posted by Jim Central Fla on April 19, 2006 at 06:29:21:

Just got 2 late 70s MHS for $1000. in real pretty park. Yes it can be done.

Where can you get that? - Posted by zippy66

Posted by zippy66 on April 18, 2006 at 13:36:14:

I’ve read a few of the articles on this site re:mobile homes and I’m wondering where on Earth a person can buy a mobile home for two or three thousand dollars like the articles say!?! Are those really old articles? In my area even a used run down mobile home sells for a heck of a lot more than that.

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by adam

Posted by adam on April 19, 2006 at 18:43:19:

i guess people dont hit hard times where you live? have you ever seen the crazy things people do when theyre desperate? the goal is to find these people…and no its not taking advantage of them b/c THEY NEED YOU!! and dont forget, if its a hot market a home that you have to pay more for will also SELL for more

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by RD Investors (Mid-TN)

Posted by RD Investors (Mid-TN) on April 19, 2006 at 13:06:15:

I believe TN ranks up there in the number of mobile homes per state but I bought 4 for $8000.00, then another for $2500.00 and another from the bank for $100.00. (yes $100) Within the park that I’m dealing with there is another 6-10 to be had…I say my plate is full but when I get the 6 ate up, I’ll be hungry again! I have acquired these only since 09/05. The park is 20 years old and somewhat run down but my company has went in there, one by one and making them livable. We are constantly getting stopped to say thanks for your efforts. I haven’t tried selling them on a note, only renting.

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by joe-ga

Posted by joe-ga on April 19, 2006 at 09:46:55:

I am awaiting the bank to produce some titles to this deal…I have it under contract for $10750.00 …28x60 on 1/2 acre in a subdivision…I really liked the hurricane shutters…thats what caught my eye…
http://www.kodakgallery.com/mynewplace
click on the picture and it will show you several pics of the back and front, inside.

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by jp(sc)

Posted by jp(sc) on April 18, 2006 at 17:36:53:

I just bought a 2002 16x80 3/2 for $4000 last week. You bet it can be done.

Whats your area? - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on April 18, 2006 at 16:55:24:

nt

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on April 18, 2006 at 15:14:20:

Well first off it does depend a little on where you are located. There are a few areas where they are much harder to get at those prices (though I still believe not impossible). But the key is finding sellers who are desperate to sell their homes. You will find your best deals from these people and from park managers. The last deal I got from my park manager was only $400 and I just got one yesterday for $135. Those are where the “killer” deals are…

Just my thoughts,
Jad

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by Adam-MI

Posted by Adam-MI on April 18, 2006 at 14:16:44:

Get them from really desperate people who NEED to sell their home NOW. Go find them, and you’re set.

Re: Cletus got evicted??? - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on April 19, 2006 at 13:07:50:

Dang, and now I done gone and loaded up all of that wood I was gonna bring him for the stove in the living room that he put in front of the fireplace. I told that boy buying all those bird dogs instead of paying the bank was gonna ruin him! It cost a small fortune just to feed them suckers every day and far as I know they never brung him not one deal! (did bring us some good quail though!)

Anyway, maybe he can get a handy man special from a lonnie dealer and fix it up cuz my wife dun said he ain’t a stayin out back in our pull behind no more, she said she’s tired a him stoppin up the shower drain when he shaves his back!!!

:wink:

Barry

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by zippy66

Posted by zippy66 on April 18, 2006 at 18:02:04:

“I just bought a 2002 16x80 3/2 for $4000 last week. You bet it can be done.”

Key word in subject = WHERE?
It sure seems like it would be nearly impossible in N. NV, Reno area.

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by zippy66

Posted by zippy66 on April 18, 2006 at 17:58:10:

Boy that’s pretty amazing. It must depend a lot on where you are because here in N. Nevada I’m seeing ten and twenty year old ones sell for 20-30k.

Re: Cletus got evicted??? - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on April 19, 2006 at 13:13:33:

I am scared that I actually was able to read and understand all of that post…

Re: Where can you get that? - Posted by ???

Posted by ??? on April 18, 2006 at 18:14:28:

You’re seeing them sell for $20-$30K or you’re seeing them ASK for $20-$30K???
I don’t care where in this country you are, a 20+ yo mob. on rented land ain’t worth anywhere near $20K and any investor that falls for that is going to go upside down real quick!
If you research the board further, you’ll see that the key is pounding the pavement looking for motivated sellers rather than particular mobile homes (with a couple caveats: newer than '76, 2+ bedrooms).
But maybe it can’t be done in your area…hmmmm