Where do I start - Posted by Kenneth Kool

Posted by Aaron on March 11, 2002 at 15:08:07:

I’m just starting out as well. Go to the library or a used bookstore and buy some real estate books. Get to know the vocabulary. Then spend a couple weeks or more reading all the articles on this site and reading the message board archives. You can learn a lot about that.

After about a month, you should have a slightly better idea on the area of RE that interests you the most. At that point, you might want to order a course in that area or do more digging.

I plan on buying William Bronchik’s Creative Financing course in the near future, when I’ve exhausted my other, and less expensive, resources.

I’ve found the people on this site very helpful when it comes to analysing a deal and giving out some tactical advise. But the forms, cards, interview scripts, and detaild “how-tos”, you might have to get them as part of a course, an attorney, or the school of hard knocks.

Also look to see if there’s an REI club in your area. I joined the one here in Austin and love it. If only for the networking and seeing that other real people and not just gurus can make money at RE.

regards
Aaron

Where do I start - Posted by Kenneth Kool

Posted by Kenneth Kool on March 11, 2002 at 12:56:43:

I live in Philadelphia and am interested in exploring RE as a second career
I am a graphic artist with a fair salary for working aprox. 2 weeks a month or less, so I have lots of time, but not a lot of money.
I found this site by doing a search on Caralton Sheets, I was thinking of ordering his course but after reading some reviews around here I don’t think so…So can someone please give me some advice on where to start, what books or videos etc. are best for the beginner.
Thankyou
K.Terry

must read!!! - Posted by RR

Posted by RR on March 11, 2002 at 16:23:59:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard2/messages/22632.html