where have all the sheets course graduates gone? - Posted by ryan

Posted by Bobby on October 17, 2000 at 13:39:31:

Thanks…newbies should not wonder if the people on the info commerical are for real or not…I want to know how they did it, there is the difference between some people…some doubt that it can be done buying a hme for no money down. others like myself on this forum are always looking for new ways to buy nothing down. Newbies need to first get away from the fear, the doubt…it’s not easy starting out but it can be done as ask most these people on this site…we are all here to help one another.

Good luck to all.

Bobby

where have all the sheets course graduates gone? - Posted by ryan

Posted by ryan on October 13, 2000 at 12:19:16:

Still waiting for all the great Sheets real estate grads, to make an appearance!!! Lets get some feedback from any students of the real estate course game. Give the rest of us some detail on what youve done since being impowered!!!

Re: where have all the sheets course - Posted by gordy

Posted by gordy on October 19, 2000 at 15:42:13:

I do not consider myself a “graduate” since I did not receive a diploma. However, I must admit Sheets’ advice did save me 5k on my last deal. I tell you more if you are interested.

Re: where are all the sheets course graduates? - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on October 13, 2000 at 19:18:12:

Well, what do you want to know? I took the course in the early 90’s and have done very, very well. It has completely changed my life, and that is no lie. I have done a lot more in real estate than the average graduate, that’s for sure, but I can tell you that I STARTED with the Sheets course. The Sheets course was the very first thing I did, and it blossomed into so many more things. I am now, in addition to being an investor with many, many properties, a real estate broker and a general contractor/builder, building my own homes and rental properties. Are my “results” the norm? Nope. Of that, I have no doubt. But it IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE to get started as I did with the Sheets course and make it into a life-altering experience. I did it, and I have never regretted it for even one minute. And there is no reason that I know of that you can’t do the same. Keep in mind, too, that I am in one of the “worst” areas for investing in rental properties, the San Francisco Bay area.

Any questions??

Tim

Re: where have all the sheets course - Posted by Lare

Posted by Lare on December 10, 2000 at 21:23:14:

Hey Gordy, I’m interested. Any advice or motivation would be appreciated.

Re: where are all the sheets course graduates? - Posted by Joel

Posted by Joel on October 16, 2000 at 13:03:07:

Tim,

Thanks for posting your message. I have been doing this for about a year—couple of rentals, couple of flips, and I really appreciate hearing from the successful. My greatest fear is comitting to this full time, and giving up my J.O.B.

Sometimes I get frustrated because it doesn’t happen fast enough, but messages like yours really help. Denver, CO is no San Francisco, but we do have similar problems of a really hot market.

Thanks again,

Joel

Re: where are all the sheets course graduates? - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on October 16, 2000 at 18:47:16:

Peryaps I was luckier than most in that I had a business that I could put on autopilot (a strong supervisor) and turn my attentions to real estate. When I got started, and for the next few years, I had NO LIFE outside of real estate. Every, and I do mean EVERY, free moment I had was spent looking at properties. I did NOTHING outside of real estate for several years. That was the committment I was willing to make. Many people are seduced by the Sheets ad where people are spending a few hours a week and making hundreds of thousands of $$$. Such people exist, I’m sure, but I was not one of them. Most of the people in the ads that spend a few hours a week live a very short distance from their holdings. Again, that ain’t me. I doubt if there is a house under $500K within 5 miles of me, and that’s the radius that Sheets wants you to operate within.

It really is possible, but don’t be misled by people saying they are doing it practically in their sleep. I did one deal like that, and brother, it was an eye opener. Just stay at it and don’t be afraid to follow your gut. I’ve developed a pretty good gut feel for my purchases and it’s paid off very well.

Good Luck,

Tim

Re: where are all the sheets course graduates? - Posted by Bobby

Posted by Bobby on October 17, 2000 at 08:55:40:

Hi,

I am new at this and I to have had some sucess…my wife and I bought a property for $30,000 and turned right around within two months and leased optioned it for three years for $59,000. Before I heard of Sheets I don’t even know what a REO was…It’s not a get rich scheme…real estate takes time…Most people expect to get rich in real estate overnight, and maybe some do…we are taking it one house a time…we have a goal, a plan of how many house we want to own in a certain time frame…some deals are easy and some are hard, just like any part of life I guess…I can’t speak for the people in the info commericals but I am glad I took the course…it’ has paid for itself many times over…The course is not a magicial course…one does not read it and, “Presto” one is rich in real estate. It does get you to think…and think differently than the status quo of 80%/20% financing. The course got me to read other books, get on this forum which is a great course in itself for free…again one has to use their imagination, and that is where most people fail I think…after all this is called, “Creative Financing” Isn’t it…I could be wrong but it’s slowly working for me and I am deicated to making it work…We all make mistakes on deals starting out…I try and learn from my mistakes so it won’t happen on next deal and the deal afterwards. I will most likely never be as good as most on this forum, but at least I try. I hear so many newbies wanting to know if the CS course works…it’s not the course that works …it the person using the course and thinking creatively that makes it work…the course is not the answer to one’s sucess…only the person taking the course can determine how sucessful they get…and never give up is my motto.

Best and good luck to all,

Bobby

Re: where are all the sheets course graduates? - Posted by David

Posted by David on October 17, 2000 at 11:29:43:

Well said