Where is the VIN # located - Posted by Tom

Posted by Dan - GA on October 20, 2003 at 09:18:43:

Tom:
You can sell anything without a title if the buyer is willing to pay for it. If it’s not moving, the county tax appraiser probably won’t care as long as someone is paying the bill.
Dan

Where is the VIN # located - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on October 18, 2003 at 20:39:46:

Hi
can anyone tell me where the vehicle identification number is located on a mobile home?

Tom H

Re: Where is the VIN # located - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on October 18, 2003 at 22:34:39:

Oftentimes a plate near the door. Sometimes on the tongue (where it connects) there will be a plate. Sometimes it will be on a crossmember under the home (2nd one from front is fairly common) Sometimes…there isn’t one to be found on older home anymore.

Trying to verify a title you have or?
Sometimes tax records will help with vin’s if all else fails…

Thanks - Posted by Tom H

Posted by Tom H on October 19, 2003 at 20:23:47:

Thanks

I just bought a MHP at the beginning of this month and the home in question sits on one of the lots. It has been empty for years, I talked to the former owner and they gave me the name of the bank that foreclosed. I contacted the bank and they said they had no information on that home. I am looking for the VIN so I can go to the stat motor vehicle department and have them trace the number.

Tom

If its decent I would just… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 19, 2003 at 20:49:05:

… rent it out and not worry about it.

If its a clunker that you want to get rid of, why not just sell it as, where is, without any paperwork other than your bill of sale. I’ve done hundreds like this.

It usually doesn’t pay to put a lot of time or money into the older ones.

On the other hand, I guess as a new park owner, you would be better off to learn how to deal with abandoned homes at the onset. The learning experience may justify your time and efforts. I.D. numbers can also be stamped on metal tags riveted to the rear end of the mobile home. There would be one for each side if its a double wide and they should be consecutively numbered if noone has tampered with them.

Regards. doc

Re: If its decent I would just… - Posted by Tom H

Posted by Tom H on October 19, 2003 at 20:53:24:

You can sell a home without the title? I would learn more about this.