Where to get full size Lonnie contracts? - Posted by Tom (IL)

Posted by JodyKS on January 25, 2002 at 23:36:23:

I do have the books, and thanks it’s been a while since I’ve read them… so I’ll have to look that up! Thanks again!

Where to get full size Lonnie contracts? - Posted by Tom (IL)

Posted by Tom (IL) on January 24, 2002 at 12:53:44:

Where can I get full size copies of the contracts that are in the back of Lonnie’s books? I know I can take them to a copy machine and blow them up, but are there some already available somewhere?
Thanks,
Tom

Re: Where to Lonnie contracts on Diskette? - Posted by JodyKS

Posted by JodyKS on January 25, 2002 at 10:46:17:

Someone mentioned that you could get Lonnie contracts on Diskett for $20-$30 but I was looking and I’m unable to locate that resource. I’d appreciate it if someone would post that web address. Thanks!

Re: Where to get full size Lonnie contracts? - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on January 24, 2002 at 22:06:04:

I just ordered mine today. (Lonnies’ diskette)The price is $20.00.

Re: Where to get full size Lonnie contracts? - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on January 24, 2002 at 13:55:09:

Copying and blowing up the docs turns out looking really unprofessional. It’s real easy to just sit down at your computer (or a library computer, or your system at work during your lunch break if possible), fire up the word processor and type it in. Doesn’t take too long for these short documents and you’ll be surprised what you’ll pick up by doing it. IMHO there is no better way to learn the details of a contract than by “touching” every word.
When you’re done, you can save it to disk and it’ll be easy to modify in the future (there will be little things you’ll want to tweak as you do more deals).
All the best, Lyal

Re: Where to get full size Lonnie contracts? - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on January 24, 2002 at 13:33:44:

Tom,
Lonnie has a floppy with all the forms on it. You can print them and write in the info or he also has templates on the disk so you can print the info already on the form. I think the disk is $29.00 well worth it. Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: Where to Lonnie contracts on Diskette? - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on January 25, 2002 at 12:53:16:

Jody,

When I bought Deals on wheels the info came with the book. If you dont have that info you might want to do a post “Attention Lonnie” he can hook you up. :slight_smile: Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: Where to get full size Lonnie contracts? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on January 25, 2002 at 06:47:35:

I’m with Lyal on this one. In many states, the laws that apply to car sales also apply to MH sales. Get your car contract and adjust it for mobiles, then have a local attorney review it. This is not the time to be cheap. For example, Ohio used to have a law that if you made the buyer responsible for attorneys fees in the contract, the contract was unenforceable…in short, if those words appeared in your contract, you effectively forfeited the MH. Once you’ve done your work, paying an experienced repo attorney (find out who the banks use) will be worth every penny that you pay for one to two hours of his time.

John Hyre