Where to start - Posted by Jason N.

Posted by Jason N. on August 19, 2003 at 22:49:38:

Thanks alot Lyal. I read for another hour or so last night after I posted a few messages and well. Ask and you shall receive. Lonnie pulled out my answers in the next section of the book. I thank you again for helping out though. I love how everyone is so supportive on this board.

Best of Luck,

Jason

Where to start - Posted by Jason N.

Posted by Jason N. on August 19, 2003 at 24:16:27:

Hello Everyone,
I was going to wait until I finished Lonnie’s book to post, but I have been so excited to start i have already been scoping out the newspaper ads in Las Vegas. I am seeing many very high priced ads and only a couple that fit the DOW perameters. Bear with me here, since I know I am not finished with DOW yet, but I want to investigate the market.

Should I be looking in other types of publications like “Pennysaver” or the free magazines at grocery stores? I tried online and most of the MH’s I am finding are inthe $12-40k range (even the handyman specials). I can get a small house here for that. Also, should I consider joining a real estate investment club (as Carlton Sheets suggests)?

Thanks for any advice in advance. Ok now I will go finish ready the DOW book. I love Lonnie’s wriring style by the way. It is very easy to read.

Thanks again,

Jason

Re: Where to start - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on August 19, 2003 at 07:48:06:

Jason,
Finish reading the book. Then start reading it again. You’ll be amazed how much you missed the first time. As to your question, classified ads are not the place to find deals. You need to get out and “ride the speed bumps” in the parks, talk to people and most important, get to know some park managers. They will become your best source of deals.
You should only be talking to motivated sellers who need to sell NOW. Their motivation can come from any direction but typically it’s because they’re being evicted, job loss, going to jail (really), divorcing, etc.
After you finish the book, search the archives here for “motivated seller” for more discussion.
All the best, Lyal