Where to start... - Posted by MarkyMark

Posted by Charles Steed on January 26, 2001 at 19:00:16:

Mark-
I’d suggest you start with Robert Allen’s books. Nothing Down (the most recent version is Nothing Down for the 90s) Then get Creating Wealth. Both are excellent. You can get them for a song in most used book stores. These books will ease you into REI gently.

Where to start… - Posted by MarkyMark

Posted by MarkyMark on January 26, 2001 at 16:50:05:

Any suggestions on a good “starter” training package sold by the creonline website? I’m talking basic terminlogy (what’s a lease, mortgage, etc) all the way to what’s a flip, how you do one, how to do a land-trust L/O deal, etc.

So much of the information in the newsgroups assumes some level of knowledge greater than I have right now. Just trying to figure out where a good starting point is.

Thanks and continued good luck,

Mark

Courses from this site… - Posted by Steve(NC)

Posted by Steve(NC) on January 29, 2001 at 14:52:09:

Well…
I read all those books mentioned also but when I had questions I couldnt locate the authors. SO I bought some courses from this site (the authors have their own websites).
I highly recommend…
First getting…
1- Quick Start Guide–Scott Britton
2- L/O Workshop-- Bronchick
You will be up to speed in a hurry with those courses.

Just my opinion.

Steve (NC)

Re: Where to start… - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 26, 2001 at 20:19:59:

Mark,
In my opinion, if you are just starting out and want to learn the basics in the most cost effective way possible, you can do a few things for FREE.

1. Read EVERYTHING here on this website.
  2. As Charles suggested below, get some books on REI, perhaps Robert Allen and some others. Rather than buy them now, goto the public library and check them out for FREE.
  3. Use a search engine and look up other sites on REI, and read them as well.
    As you read all this material and come up with questions about the topic, post here and get answers.
    After this, get a good course.
    Anything here for sale is good.

HTH,
Jim IL