Refusal to release $funds$ - Posted by SusanL.–FL
Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 01, 2000 at 15:17:16:
I also refused to sign the release for the deposit.
About a year and a half ago I had one of my SFH up for sale. Kenny and I had just started to work with a ?prospect? when along came a (realtor) friend of mine who said she had a buyer. She said that she had already pre-qualified them at the bank and they were ‘good to go’. I thought ?what the heck; I?ll throw some business her way.’
We signed the papers and things were cooking for a couple weeks when suddenly I received a call from my realtor saying that the buyers had decided they weren?t going to buy my place after all. (I found out the REAL reason shortly thereafter—the man and woman had had an argument and the woman decided that she wasn?t going through with the deal.)
(I felt like I had received a little ?scr**? job there [pardon my French]).
When I refused to sign the release for their deposit, SUDDENLY a (BACK-DATED) paper ?materialized? (several days later) stating that the buyers couldn?t qualify for the loan. (A lot of back-peddling at their end, if you know what I mean.)
At that point, I had had enuf. I sent a letter to the owner of the realty (which not only happened to be a very LARGE and VERY prosperous agency but was also in the process of pursuing the ?international? market).
I laid everything out in black and white of what had transpired and told her (the owner) that if we couldn?t come to terms pretty darn fast, that my next stop would be the Real Estate Commissioner?s office.
The wheels turned swiftly after that. ?We? agreed to split the deposit. I was satisfied and we all got on with our lives.
Hope you get your deposit back, Alex!