Where's my post? - Posted by Latoria

Posted by JohnBoy on February 20, 2002 at 22:57:26:

Why not??? Is old age setting in or what? It’s a bummer once you get past that 39 mark, huh? LOL

Where’s my post? - Posted by Latoria

Posted by Latoria on February 20, 2002 at 18:42:09:

I know I posted a message on the board earlier? What happened to it? I was just trying to build up my contacts I don’t think I was solicting any business because I seen posts like these before. Correct me if I’m wrong about this. I simply wanted to know of any investors in my area.

Re: Where’s my post? - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on February 20, 2002 at 20:54:41:

Advertising for investors is…well…advertising, which is not allowed here. Please read the Editorial Policy.

Consider yourself corrected… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on February 20, 2002 at 20:22:13:

Because you were wrong… Solicitation is expressly forbidden here, and you should read the editorial policy at the top of the page.

This site has some scruples, and it is one of the reasons it maintains it’s high quality of posts, and posters.

JT-IN

post it again nt - Posted by JamesL

Posted by JamesL on February 20, 2002 at 19:57:21:

nt

Re: Where’s my post? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 20, 2002 at 22:07:19:

I didn’t read Latoria’s post. I’ve appreciated Cork Horner’s comments during the last two years. When I read his recent posting about collecting people for his project, I wondered about the difference between direct solicitation and indirect advertising. What makes one different from the other?

Re: Consider yourself corrected… - Posted by Latoria

Posted by Latoria on February 20, 2002 at 20:31:06:

If I have posted something I shouldn’t have I apologize but the same rules should apply to everyone. I seen a post that was posted today saying basically the same thing. So I just followed by example. There’s also post currently on the board that doesn’t even have anything to do with REI. I have been coming on this site for a couple of months now and have gotten really excited and even been telling my friends and relatives. I even signed up for the convention. But this is a little discouraging when some rules apply to some people but not all. It’s just not fair.

Re: Where’s my post? - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on February 20, 2002 at 22:45:49:

Jeanne, Terry and I were tied up all day and night Monday and Tuesday trying to recover data from my computer crash. Cork’s post was removed today when Jeanne saw it.

No solicitation of any kind is allowed here. We can’t watch all seven boards all the time.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS . . . - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on February 20, 2002 at 20:41:30:

I don’t know what you posted or why it was removed, but you need to realize (as many of us here forget from time to time) that THIS IS A PRIVATELY OWNED BOARD. The owners of the board are free to do what they want, when they want with anyone they want. We don’t pay for this board - it belongs to Terry and JP Vaughn. If they want to remove a post for ANY reason, so be it!

Thanks, J.P. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 21, 2002 at 02:25:51:

I didn’t notice that Cork’s post was gone. Thank you for your answer. I had to go back and count the boards. I could only remember six. I can appreciate your efforts and diligence.

Brent