Where's the Health??? Insurance... - Posted by William Robert

Posted by E on February 28, 2001 at 17:26:07:

Check out quotesmith.com for insurance info. and prices.

Where’s the Health??? Insurance… - Posted by William Robert

Posted by William Robert on February 28, 2001 at 16:18:00:

Hey guys,
I’m pretty ready to leave my full time. But I have a 2yr old boy and a new baby girl. What can I do for health insurance… Thanks!

Re: Where’s the Health??? Insurance… - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on March 02, 2001 at 12:57:31:

You can also possibly join your local chamber of commerce to get group rates and choices of plans. Some insurers are offering single-payer plans too, so calling them direct wouldn’t hurt.

Re: Where’s the Health??? Insurance… - Posted by Linda

Posted by Linda on March 01, 2001 at 10:53:17:

I am self employed and I found the best bet for my family(also with 2 small children) is an HMO. We went with Cigna. Check your local yellow pages and call around for quotes and see what will fit your needs. There are alot of insurance companies that offer plans for the self employed, you just have to call around and find one that suits your needs!

Re: Where’s the Health??? Insurance… - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 28, 2001 at 22:15:46:

Check out the national associate for the self-employed, you may find something there that you can use. Their webstie is nase.org

hope this helps,

CAREY

Re: Where’s the Health??? Insurance… - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Fran CA on February 28, 2001 at 17:41:46:

William,

Most of the time you can stay with the insurance through you J.O.B. by making the premium payments. It is called COBRA, for keeping your insurance after you leave. Check with your HR person at your work and they should be able to help you. Once you are established that way, you might want to go directly to the insurance carrier and get it changed to reflect your self-employed status. It really depends on the carrier, but the COBRA is usually good for up to one year depending on where you live and the laws in your state. This also gives you time to look at other options and still keep the coverage.

Hope that helps.

Fran