Which Book First - Posted by Randy (AL)

Posted by Randy (AL) on January 19, 2001 at 15:58:41:

ok, you are going to push me aren’t you -:slight_smile:

Anyway, maybe that’s what I needed. I realized I did not ask enough questions but I did get directions. Will do a drive by tonight or tommorrow. Can even get ya pics.

The Lot fee is $100, there is some work that needs to be done to it. HW heater needs repair, needs front door windows ect…

Since I have not done this before I need an idea on what to look for.

I think this will end up a no go. From what I did gather the lot is owned by her brother. I don’t want a third party owning the land like this, I could end up with a request to move the trailer after I get it fixed up and ready to rent -:slight_smile:

Any suggestions would help.

Thank

Which Book First - Posted by Randy (AL)

Posted by Randy (AL) on January 15, 2001 at 20:40:28:

I am still looking into getting into either mobile homes, or apartment buildings (or both). But I need more info on mobile home buying…

I am considering getting one of Lonnies books, but I want to get the most recent, can someone tell me which one that is?

Also, I do not want to move mobile homes, or be caught in a position where I have to move one. Do these books cover how to avoid getting caught in a trailer court and having to move?

Thanks
Randy

Deals on Wheels first! - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on January 16, 2001 at 11:05:03:

Hi Randy,

Get “Deals on Wheels” first, “Making Money on Mobile Homes” is the second book. Both have been updated within the last year, or so. If you get both books at the same time, Lonnie includes a bonus audio tape. In a typical “Lonnie Deal,” you would not move a home. It would probably be in a park where it could stay. All of your questions will be answered in this $30 book.

Jeanne

Re: Deals on Wheels first! - Posted by Randy (AL)

Posted by Randy (AL) on January 16, 2001 at 15:30:06:

Thanks,

Sounds like I need to go ahead and get them both. I have a partner, the money and there are a lot of deals in the area, just need to get more familiar with it before I jump.

Thanks

Re: Deals on Wheels first! - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on January 18, 2001 at 15:27:47:

Randy, where in AL are you? I am in Bham and have done a couple. Be glad to help/advise if you like. There are new guidelines in effect regarding the setup of MHs in new locations (FHA or state regs?)…check these out before you get into moving one.

Good luck

Michael

Re: Deals on Wheels first! - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on January 18, 2001 at 23:28:19:

Michael,I’m in AL too and am interested in mobile home investing. What are the requirements regarding licensing in AL?
Thank you

Re: Deals on Wheels first! - Posted by Randy (Al)

Posted by Randy (Al) on January 18, 2001 at 16:24:48:

Hey Micheal,

I am in North Huntsville. Just up the road from you -:slight_smile:

Would love to be able to bounce some ideas off of someone local to.

I think for now I am going to avoid any situations that would require me to move a MH.

Found one in the paper today $2000 OBO. Very tempting…

Re: Deals on Wheels first! - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on January 18, 2001 at 16:59:10:

Tell us about it! Call em! How many BR/BA? Year? CH&A?