Which One Should I Buy? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Jeffrey on November 23, 2000 at 22:52:48:

I do not have Ernest Tew’s or George Allen’s materials. But I do have Ray Alcorn’s. I am actively seeking my first park after 10 years of part time apartments and small commercial investing. Alcorn’s material definitely put me ahead in the game. There is a lot of useful information on due diligence. He emphasizes knowing the market. I also found the chapter on Takeover and Operation very educational. There is a lot of additional information, but these are the areas that were the most useful to me. A lot of the information was really not 100 percent MHP specific…useful in other areas of RE investing. I do have to say I was very happy with what I received. I get the feeling that Ray is for real and knows what he’s writing about.

Jeffrey

Which One Should I Buy? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on November 21, 2000 at 22:55:33:

I’m interested in buying a park at some point in the near future. I’ve got the territory I want to look in all set, but I need more education first. I was thinking of purchasing one of the books here for that help. Which one do you think would be better and why? Ernest Tew’s or Ray Alcorn’s?

Thanks,
Bob

Both - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on November 22, 2000 at 20:29:01:

Bob,

If you are serious about making such a large investment, I would suggest you spend a couple extra dollars and buy both courses. They will provide you with a broad background to negotiate from. These courses will be the backbone to support you as you locate, analyze, and negotiate your deal.

Don’t skimp now!

Best Wishes and Happy Thanksgiving,

Tony-VA

Re: Both - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on November 22, 2000 at 20:47:50:

Tony,

Have you purchased both? Do you own a park yourself? How are the books different?

I have the book by George Allen and was wondering what these books I asked about would do to help me in the education and evaluation process.

Thanks,
Bob