Which Phone Number to Run in Ad? - Posted by bobbie

Posted by RJ on February 04, 2002 at 11:39:49:

Bobby I’m in the same situation as you. I’m in a different city from my property for lease. I purchased a pager with voice mail, a fax machine, and created a new screen name exclusively for that rental property.
All of these numbers are on the flyers posted inside the home’s windows and in the “information tube” outside.
I will also include them in the newspaper ad.
I would not give out my cell phone number when the pager can do the same thing for me. Another reason I chose this method was if interested parties are not willing or are unable to make a 30 second long distance phone call to leave their name and number, I may not want them for a tenant.I welcome any thoughts or feedback from others.

Which Phone Number to Run in Ad? - Posted by bobbie

Posted by bobbie on February 04, 2002 at 09:00:21:

We’re planning to run our first ad this weekend, for a handyman special. This is New York, where every county has its own area code or two.
Anyone have strong feelings about running a very local phone number, versus one with a different area code? What about a cell phone number, which is yet another area code?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Which Phone Number to Run in Ad? - Posted by jim

Posted by jim on February 04, 2002 at 22:54:51:

I would run the local number because many people would rather talk to someone who is local, or someone they think is local.