Who are the major lenders for trailers? - Posted by Emre (ID)

Posted by Marilynn Stephens on March 17, 2002 at 16:52:05:

No, it’s me that’s taking the bath. They are homesteading my leased lot with their home following default of the mobile home purchaser two years ago. They laugh at my attorney, and all I get is attorney fees. If they treat all land owners the same way, they should be doing pretty good. I would NEVER lease a lot to someone who financed with Conseco. I got caught on this one because they told me they were using another bank and then switched at the last minute. I was so surprised to find out three months later that the bank who owned the house was Conseco. I’m getting out of the leased lot business and buying duplexes in the big city!

Who are the major lenders for trailers? - Posted by Emre (ID)

Posted by Emre (ID) on February 23, 2002 at 16:24:28:

I know that Conseco pulled out, but are there any others that loan on trailers, besides us and owner financing?

Thanks
Emre (ID)

Is Conseco in or out … - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on February 23, 2002 at 19:38:58:

Yesterday, a dealer told me that Conseco had gone out of the MH lending business. This morning, another dealer told me that wasn’t true. She had gotten a customer financed with Conseco just yesterday (Friday) afternoon. Are they in or out?

Re: Is Conseco in or out … - Posted by dandrews

Posted by dandrews on February 23, 2002 at 20:47:23:

I spoke to the inventory manager for the NH regional office Friday PM. He told me they were definitely still in the business. The only place I have personally heard they were getting out is on this board.

By the way, Jerry, were you going to call me on formaldehyde issues? Get my # from an e-mail I sent you on 1/25/02. Or email me your number and I will call you. This is eastern time zone here.

Re: Is Conseco in or out … - Posted by ScottC (NV)

Posted by ScottC (NV) on February 26, 2002 at 01:34:43:

I’ve heard similar news about Conseco getting out of mobile home financing from “professional” MH dealers. Here’s the straight dope from the financial wires – earlier this month, Conseco announced it was getting out of the medical insurance business. Here’s the link to the story:

http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_ge.jsp?news_id=cmt-043w9295&feed=cmt&date=20020212

Re: Is Conseco in or out … - Posted by Tom (GA)

Posted by Tom (GA) on February 28, 2002 at 15:26:27:

There were articles in the Wall Street Journal on 2/22 and 2/25 regarding Conseco.

I don’t have my copies anymore and I’m not an online subscriber so I can’t locate the articles.

One of them discussed Conseco’s purchase of Greentree and how they were taking a bath because of the losses.