Who do you use for your Registered Agent? - Posted by Leon (NC)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on May 28, 1999 at 10:08:10:

I believe Bronchick will do it for 99 per year.

Who do you use for your Registered Agent? - Posted by Leon (NC)

Posted by Leon (NC) on May 27, 1999 at 12:51:15:

In the process of incorporating and wondered if anyone could enlighten myself and others as to who you recommend using as a Registered Agent and any other info you feel might be important in regards to Registered Agents and the REI corporate entity. Thanks!!

Leon

Is there any reason not to be your own Registered Agent? - Posted by John Katitus

Posted by John Katitus on May 28, 1999 at 01:02:42:

Your membership in the corporation is public anyway, so you’re not preserving any anonymity. Any thoughts?

Re: Who do you use for your Registered Agent? - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on May 27, 1999 at 16:41:06:

I’m considering incorporating, and have found a number of companies online that will be a registered agend for $50 to $100 a year. Many of these are incorporation services that will also take care of all the paperwork for a nominal fee. You can even do it all online with a credit card and they take it from there. The site listed below is one of these. You can find others with a quick Yahoo search.

http://www.accessincorp.com

BG

Mail-It Plus - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on May 27, 1999 at 16:15:36:

Leon-

I asked the mail service company I use to be my Registered Agent. Since the RA’s duty is to forward to you any mail recieved on your corp’s behalf, it made sense to me to ask them to do it. (Being that my mailbox is right there anyway.)

In my opinion, it is the same as getting a Fed-Ex package sent there that the company signs for.

It took this company 3 weks or so to run this up their chain of command, but they finally agreed. BUT, they did ask me to sign an agreement stating what their responsibilities are and that I would not hold them responsible for mishaps relating to anything other than what was stated in the agreement. (Whatever makes them comfortable.)

Getting them to do this for free sure beats the $500/yr that attorney’s in my area wanted!

Good Luck!

Brandi_TX

PS- As with any info you get here, make sure it is in line with the official rules and regs of your own state.

Re: Is there any reason not to be your own Registered Agent? - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on May 28, 1999 at 14:11:38:

I asked Bill Bronchick this same basic question on his website just a week ago. Yes, basically there’s no reason to not be your own agent as long as you’re incorporating in your own state, since youy’re already on public record. If you’re incorporating outside your home state, you need an agent in the state of incorporation.

Bert G

Re: Mail-It Plus - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 27, 1999 at 21:27:14:

Your area starts to sound worse and worse. $500 for an attorney to be registered agent? Large cities have more competition than that! Mine does it for free.

JPiper

Dag-Nabbit! - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on May 28, 1999 at 24:07:59:

Well ya know now, when the town attorney is also the local vet, the coroner, and the only doctor within 100 miles AND happens to be your uncle and your second cousin… things tend to take on a whole new way of working. hehehe

LMAO, sheesh Piper, lay off my small town, it’s not ALL that bad. This town may have no clue what as to how to be creative, but dag-nabbit it is home! See ya in chat so you can pick on me some more!

Brandi_TX

The Corporation Company - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on May 27, 1999 at 21:50:16:

will be your ra for only $125/yr. An easy choice. Call the 1-800 directory to get their 800 number

HR