Posted by T Craig on March 02, 2000 at 13:50:03:

Who is this J Piper guy?
Does he (not) know anything?
He always replys and never asks!

Just wondering…

T_Craig

Re: Who is J Piper anyway? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 03, 2000 at 08:13:10:

He’s a Gentleman that I’m glad to call a friend, someone that told me this stuff would change my life and it did. He’s able to inject clarity into your thinking and on occassion save you from yourself(providing we listen). He has a long range vision that only comes from being in the trenches, and thankfully he shares those experiences with all of us, in only a way that he can so that they get right to the heart and the heart of the matter.

Tcraig, people respond on this sight for one simple reason, “they can” You should join in the fun, quit looking for the why and realize the how to do this stuff. While your asking why, you should be saying why not, in the meantime more deals are being put together.

Join our small community that’s like a second family and you’ll understand.

The Best

David Alexander

Re: Who is J Piper anyway? - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 03, 2000 at 24:54:59:

T Craig:

You have to admit?.those answers were some VERY good answers?.they each had a nugget of truth in them.

Brian talks about ?leaping rehabs in a single bound?, and when a plan comes together nothing can be more rewarding??but I?ll have to admit to a brush or two or three with that ?electrified fence? that Gator refers to in his inimitable way. Phil evidently noticed I didn?t wear a cowboy hat, even after I bought him a few beers. And Brandy is still thinking that those free smokes were about smokes instead of real estate. Bill Taylor evidently saw me listening intently after someone had just nudged me?.going to show that the ole chin in the hand trick works at least some of the time. And Ben captures the essence of a remark Karp once made?.. ?You know you?re having a bad day when you sign onto the newsgroup and you notice Piper responded to your post?. Steph abandoned her lack of caps to make a very fine post?.she just neglected to notice the number of beers I?d had when she saw the smile. Zeus I suspect got the mood right when we see one more question like ?What?s a comp??.

Really thank you all for the comments?..I feel fortunate to have friends like you.

Just so that we?re all on the same page, T Craig has sent me a few disgruntled emails regarding a conspiracy that he has spotted here on the newsgroup in which he knows that I play a part. It seems that I receive a commission for answering questions for newbies from the script provided by the owners of the site. JP, if you read this, where is my check? I could use it to pay for the damage from one of those ?electrified fences?.

JPiper

Re: Who is J Piper anyway? - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on March 02, 2000 at 21:44:18:

He is that tall guy with the cape, who swoops down to help anyone in need, without expecting anything in return…Superman of creative real estate…able to see through land trusts, L/Os, and LLCs with his x-ray vision…leap tall rehabs in a single bound…stop the speeding bullets of sharks and scammers with his bare hands…

But if your question is serious, he’s one nice guy who not only knows as much as anyone on this newsgroup, but has that unique ability to explain even the most complicated idea so it makes complete sense!

Brian (NY)

Piper reminds me of a law school professor… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on March 02, 2000 at 19:25:11:

I have had the misfortune of having my posts spit back at me by Piper with every word dissected into little digestible pieces and having been looked up in Webster’s dictionary and scrutinized mercilessly. I loved every minute of it! (LOL)

“GOD” - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on March 02, 2000 at 19:17:42:

Just kidding!
He’s one cool dude that happens to know a he!! of allot about RE. He’s always there to help and as a bonus- he’s got a great smile!
Just in case you can’t tell- we love the guy.

steph in tex

Re: Who is J Piper anyway? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 02, 2000 at 19:07:14:

He is the guy that smokes Marlboros but he doesn’t wear a cowboy hat.

Not sure if your putting us on here or this is a legitimate question so I’ll answer this as if you are serious.

JPiper is the backbone of knowledge on this site. No where have I ever seen an individual who not only posseses this type of knowledge, but who can convey it simply and clearly to us.

In one word, he is a tremendous resource for all of us on this site.

Not a mere mortal! - Posted by ZEUS

Posted by ZEUS on March 02, 2000 at 18:01:36:

Now ask no more questions or you will be struck with a bolt of lightning in your a$$.

There are 3 kinds of men - Posted by Gator

Posted by Gator on March 02, 2000 at 15:21:37:

There are 3 kinds of men. Those that learn by readin. Those that learn by observation. The rest have to pee on the electic fence for themselves.

I read and observe piper’s post. I do not want to pee on the fence.

Best wishes,
Gator

His posts are definitely a ‘work of art’! (nt) - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 02, 2000 at 14:23:05:

nt.

Re: Who is J Piper anyway? - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on March 02, 2000 at 14:07:59:

JPiper is one guy we are all more than fortunate to have around. I am always wondering how he has the time and the knowledge to be such an informer but hes htis the target time after time. I personally hope he never gives up on us as a group. If you have had a chance to talk to him personally you would find a man more than willing to share his story. If you wonder why he doesn’task questions it sems to be becasue he has a pretty good grasp of what he specializes in and tweaks it based on facts he learns on a day to day basis. what I saw at the convnetion was a man listening intently to most of the speakers. I think he picks ideas up and figures them out quicker and better than most of us ever will. he is also there to bounce ideas off of and more than willing to help when he can. Good luck and delve into his posts every chance you get.

Re: Who is J Piper anyway? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on March 03, 2000 at 02:49:29:

Better not let him near your dog…(http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/61027.html)

No cowboy hat… - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on March 02, 2000 at 20:19:49:

… AND the Marlboros weren’t even his! Did anyone ever see him go to his room to get his own smokes? LOL, oh well, cheaper than his bar tab I suppose!

Brandi_TX

I LOVE IT!!! - Posted by Cappy_AL

Posted by Cappy_AL on March 02, 2000 at 19:44:56:

LOL!!! May I use that one?

Gator, please add this to your collection… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 02, 2000 at 15:58:46:

I agree, Piper does kinda have that look, doesn’t he? I read and observe as well, but I’m not quite as smart as you yet (I’m working on it). I don’t always watch where my stream is heading, but I try to avoid the ones that say “High Voltage”! You crack me up…