Who to Contact @ DMV for MHs? - Posted by Jeffrey Short

Posted by Tony-VA on April 03, 2000 at 12:55:35:

Every time I go to DMV it is a new experience in frustration. I have come to the conclusion that they provide very little training. Anything outside the routine licensing etc. is beyond the training of most clerks.

Each clerk requires a different form. I finally got to a point that the manager asked me to set up a meeting with one of their clerks to get a better procedure hammered out. Needless to say this clerk also had no clue and contradicted herself within minutes of setting up the procedures. She then had me order and pay for forms that I will never use and do not apply according to DMV’s head office.

Just understand that this is going to be a chore. Try setting up an appointment with a manager if possible. Then just play by the set rules they give you. At least this way you can always tell the clerk, “this is the way the manager told me to do this.”

Best of Luck,

Tony-VA

Who to Contact @ DMV for MHs? - Posted by Jeffrey Short

Posted by Jeffrey Short on April 03, 2000 at 11:22:08:

Hi all…

I stopped at the local DMV office and tried to get some information on buying/selling MHs. The person at the “information” desk had no clue about what I was talking about. She asked if I would be a dealer… I explained that I would be buying selling MHs that are already in parks, so I wouldn’t consider myself a dealer. She then mumbled something about going through the inspection lanes (???) and said “Next!”

Needless to say, I am going to try at another DMV office, but it did get me wondering who I should specifically ask for…and what I should specifically ask for at the DMV office. Maybe I would be considered a dealer in their eyes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Short