Who wants to foreclose on Dave Del Dotto? - Posted by JD

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 28, 2000 at 22:42:32:

Keep in mind, his new house has a 6,000 sf master bedroom.

Joe

Who wants to foreclose on Dave Del Dotto? - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on February 28, 2000 at 21:21:37:

I was researching old Tax Lien sales at the Treasurer’s office today when I came upon a tax lien on a property owned by one David P. Del Dotto of Yountville, CA. Mr. Del Dotto aquired this very rural 1 acre parcel in 1987 via a Treasurer’s Deed. He continued to pay taxes on the Parcel until 1995 ($70/year). Evidently he lost interest in the parcel and stopped paying the taxes in 1995. I estimate the current market value of the parcel to be $350. The property taxes, with interest and penalties, currently owed are $354. Details on the property can be found at this link http://www.co.el-paso.co.us/land/schdsrch.htm The schedule number is 7000-00-005. The tax lien certificate is old enough so that Deed can be applied for immediately (approx. $300 in direct fees). I dont know who the certifcate holder is, but I could find out if anyone is interested in purchasing it (the certificate holder would probably be glad to get rid of it). It would be a money losing venture but possibly a prestigious and gratifing experience to someone.

Made good money with his course… - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on March 03, 2000 at 08:51:22:

bought it at a yard sale for 10 bucks. Sold it a few days later for 30 bucks… true story!

David S

Re: Check the value before you jump - Posted by Millie I.

Posted by Millie I. on February 29, 2000 at 13:33:37:

JD,

About 10 years ago, Dave Del Dotto gave away a lot of ‘very rural’ area parcels to students who purchased his computer system which included hardware and many real estate software for around $6K per order. The rural parcels were basically wasteland that appreciate very slowly, but the new owner had to pay taxes every year. I know, I have a piece of his desert land. After 10 years, the land is not worth $500. So before you give away your hard-earned $350 to cure his taxes… maybe one of his students quit-claimed it back to him because she is tired of paying taxes for a piece of non-productive land. Check the location, location, location. Dave has a staff working for him, I don’t think they would overlook important details if it was worth a fortune.

Millie I.

How about some find Cabernet (wine) for his back payments - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on February 28, 2000 at 23:14:38:

Dave Del Dotto operates a winery here in the infamous Napa Valley. From what I’ve read and heard (haven’t yet tasted) Del Dotto wines has a wonderful Cabernet that is highly rated by wine spectator.

Why not approach him and offer to bring his back taxes current and as repayment have hime trade you some of his fine wine.

Salute!!
Michael Morrongiello

Re: Speaking of the rich and famous - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 28, 2000 at 21:28:01:

When I was preparing my latest batch of postcards to out of state owners, I noticed one of the labels was for Penny Hardaway, Inc. For those of you who are not NBA fans, he’s the starting 2-guard on the Phoenix Suns. I decided not to waste a postcard on him…probably not very motivated to sell.

Stacy

Re: Speaking of the rich and famous - Posted by breeves

Posted by breeves on February 29, 2000 at 21:37:19:

Same here, doing out of state mailers. I came across Shaquille O’Neal. I live in Sugar Land, Tx and there are several professional athletes around the area. Don’t know why he owns property here. Just surprises me their investment counselors don’t know how to take title in trust. Terms on his purchase, you ask? Yeah, you got it, 550k CASH.

Re: Speaking of the rich and famous - Posted by Ruth

Posted by Ruth on February 28, 2000 at 21:34:40:

You never know. People with money are sometimes very
motivated to unload. You probably could work a nice deal.
Ruth

Re: Let’s see…Shaquille…Shaquille. Nope, never heard of him. - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 29, 2000 at 23:42:28:

…Oh Yeah! Now I remember. He’s on the California team the Suns are going to knock out of the playoffs! OK, Gatcha.

LOL (in my dreams)

Stacy

(So, you bought the property for half a mil, right?)

grin

Re: Speaking of the rich and famous - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 28, 2000 at 21:39:05:

Well…I think I’ll wait and see if he ever gets traded out of Phoenix. He’ll surely be motivated then. Maybe I could make enough off a deal to pay me back for the price of my season tickets. (smile)

Stacy